You are here
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Internationally recognised Mobile App developer
Career growth and advancement opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a World Class Mobile App Developer using breakthrough technology, engineering excellence and Silicon Valley insight to provide mobile solutions.
The role is focused on personnel development, fostering and facilitating a culture and environment of continual learning and skill development, and providing support and direction to staff at all levels, with the ultimate goal of developing a world-class center of engineering excellence. Delivering on all business critical initiatives, jointly sharing in the success of the business and helping drive and execute the strategic direction of the engineering department will round out this role.
- Directly manage, lead and coach the engineering team Managers and Senior Engineers.
- Drive the direction of the engineering department as a whole and lead by example.
- Coordinate with the HR Manager to create and implement staffing strategies and plans in line with department/business needs.
- Develop and facilitate training activities and resources.
- Foster a culture of learning and innovation, leading by example.
- Drive for high-quality results and push for excellence and continuous improvement at all levels.
- Oversee the different stages of the development process with a focus on quality and process execution.
- Provide expertise and direction (where needed) to update and/or facilitate effective process implementation.
- Continually monitor and review development process and in coordination with Engineering Managers enhance and refine for better outcomes.
Reinforces the use of, and can contribute to, the following activities;
- Understand project requirements through kickoff and sprint start meetings, formal and informal communications.
- Contribute to the story writing process with active listening skills.
- Estimate tasks (stories) within a sprint.
- Design and code high quality software.
- Test, debug, retest, and in coordination with QA, validate software.
- Contribute test cases to QA for inclusion in test plans.
- Perform code reviews for Engineering Managers (where needed) and provide relevant feedback or coaching.
- Interface with customers and prospects to ideate or elicit requirements, particularly when there are issues or technical difficulties.
- Propose, elect and implement strategic initiatives in line with company goals.
- Improve and refine Ice House engineering processes and their efficiencies.
- Take ownership of product direction, architecture and high-level design.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical or scientific field. Software engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering preferred.
- Must have worked as manager of managers at a prior technology company. (e.g. CTO, Dir/VP Engineering, CEO/Founder)
- Must have experience developing and leading engineering personnel.
- Must have demonstrated 10+ years of technical experience, and 7+ years of progressive management responsibility.
- Experience in building mobile products and scalable platforms.
- Has published patents or research papers.
- Has spoken at conferences on technical or managerial topics
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be an excellent listener.
- Must be analytical, adept to problem solving, and have strong attention to detail.
- Proven record of solving difficult engineering and business problems.
- Has demonstrated experience in building efficient engineering teams or departments
- Bring tested methodologies and tools supporting iterative, agile development and testing.
- Has experience organizing and delivering on multiple projects, under dynamic and fast changing environments.
- Should have experience with managing collaborative efforts by distributed development teams in multiple time zones.
- Has proven ability to grow an engineering team through both internal nurturing and external recruitment.
- Has demonstrated ability to drive and contribute to product direction, architecture and high-level design.
- Strong ability to nurture and grow talent.
- Proven techniques of motivating and inspiring individuals and teams.
- Strong ability to drive decisions to closure, as well as track their implementations.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work in a World Class organisation.