You are here
Counsel, Real Estate Development
Exciting role to join a NYC Developer as Counsel
Must have 5-8 years of experience gained at a law firm and in-house
About Our Client
Rapidly growing Real Estate Developer with headquarters here in NYC.
The Counsel will serve as a true business partner and will be responsible for all transactional legal matters for the developer, including:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of real estate transactional agreements, including site acquisition documents, debt and equity financing documents, closing documents, etc.
- Assessing potential development sites and advising on legal risk
- Managing legal budget and working with outside counsel as necessary
- Manage any litigations for the company in coordination with outside counsel
- Participate in fund raising efforts for the business
- Advising on general corporate legal matters for the business
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US accredited law school
- Admission to the NY State Bar
- 6-8 years of experience gained in-house at a developer (preferably residential) with prior law firm experience
- Must have excellent real estate transactional experience, specifically dealing with development related matters
- Experience managing legal spend and outside counsel
- Must have familiarity with the litigation process for developers
- Excellent business acumen
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary between $200,000-$225,000 with a bonus incentive and excellent long-term growth potential.