You are here
Director of Product and Programme Management
Exciting Director of Product and Programme Management role
Forward thinking company part of a Global Group.
About Our Client
AMETEK Land is a specialist in the design and manufacture of monitors and analysers for industrial infrared non-contact temperature measurement, combustion efficiency and environmental pollutant emissions.
AMETEK Land is part of the Process & Analytical Instruments Division of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2014 sales of $4.0 billion.
Quality is an integral part of the AMETEK Land philosophy, where all levels of management and employees are responsible for the quality of their work, to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Quality, traceability and overall service remain the highest priority at AMETEK Land.
As the Director of Product and Programme Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of the strategic and tactical product plan for the business and lead the team that is charged with product line development & management and strategic market development in industrial applications.
The Director of Product and Programme Management will be measured by the successful implementation of the agreed product plan and meeting profitability, volume and customer service targets. This extends from increasing profitability of existing product lines to proposing, developing and launching new infrared temperature measurement and combustion and environmental monitoring products into industrial markets.
Based at AMETEK Land's Head Office in Sheffield, the Director of Product and Programme Management will interface very closely with the Sales Director, Technical Director and Operations Director as well as external industrial customers and suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking to make a significant impact on an organisation's product development and growth plans.
For this role, successful candidates must have/be:
- Strong leadership, communication mentoring and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence and motivate cross functional dynamic teams.
- Able to see the big picture with the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Strong technology background, with a product management or product development background.
- Ability to lead a team that is charged with product line management and strategic market growth.
- Strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand and translate customer requirements and solutions as well as being able to communicate this understanding well.
- Strong Project management skills with demonstrated experience in executing on new product developments.
- Strong industrial background gained within one or multiple of the following Industrial sectors of Metal, Glass, Industrial Gas and Power.
- Highly motivated and a strategic thinker who can lead by example.
- Ability to work across a broad range of responsibilities and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to travel, on a global basis, as part of the role.
- Minimum 2: 1 Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a preferred chemistry science or engineering discipline.
- Postgraduate or MBA preferred.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a key role in the future success of this established business and to further your own career within the larger group.
What's on Offer
Excellent Basic, Car Allowance, Bonus and Excellent