You are here
Global Logistics Company
About Our Client
Global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. Particular focus on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 625 million euros, our client is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 24 countries across Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1400 employees in total.
As a Senior Director, you are responsible for the multimodal rail activities and their associated haulage and terminal activities. You will also be responsible for all rail activities for the organisation in Sweden. You will be developing our current rail activities and systems to ensure they remain competitive, in close collaboration with the Chairman of our rail business. Commercial activities, such as direct customer interaction and deal making, are part of the job.
You will also be in charge of the bottom line profit and loss accounts of the rail and haulage activities close to 150 million Euros, and for decisions relating to yield management and customer tenders, in close collaboration with the various trade departments. You will report to the CEO and you will be part of the company's corporate top management team.
Some of your additional tasks:
- Preparing and safeguarding the annual budget of our multimodal rail activities and associated haulage by developing and implementing plans and actions to deliver this budget.
- Proposing strategies and tactics for the rail activities and associated haulage to the CEO for discussion and approval. This to ensure a profitable, well-functioning and cost effective rail and terminal operation.
- Periodically analyzing volumes, filling rates and initiating timely actions to ensure results are delivered.
- In close liaison with Sales Management, manage and support sales activities related to the development of new business and acting as sponsor supporting the sales organization in building major customer contacts.
- In close liaison with Central Procurement, manage and support procurement activities and acting as sponsor supporting the procurement organization in building major vendor contacts, including direct negotiation with major suppliers and partners.
- In close liaison with the COO, manage the terminal activities to ensure a profitable, well-functioning and cost effective terminal operation, handling trains deployed in the own rail network as well as 3rd party trains.
- Managing the organization running the day-to-day operations to ensure constant improvement and delivery of agreed service levels to customers.
The Successful Applicant
You are a structured, result- and action-oriented, customer-focused and commercial individual, willing to keep abreast with relevant professional developments, market developments, technical journals and governmental regulations impacting the rail activities and haulage. You are driven and determined to succeed; creatively developing means to solve unforeseen challenges is part of your character. What sets you from the rest, is your ability to work both operational and commercial and optimize the yield of the rail network with its related haulage operations.
- You have a bachelor's degree in a business or logistics discipline and have 10 years of extensive operational, commercial and financial management experience in the transport sector.
- You are able to weigh financial implications of decisions and have good financial knowledge.
- You can handle complex deadlines effectively and are able to persevere in the face of adversity.
- You are able to initiate and execute required relevant actions to improve results.
- You possess excellent communication skills, and are able to build relationships easily.
- Fluent in English is a must, German is an advantage
What's on Offer
Career opportunities and the opportunity to work for an ambitious, dynamic and professional organization.