You are here
Director of Technical Accounting - Portland, ME
Based in Portland, ME
Head of Technical Accounting department
About Our Client
My client is a large, listed, international service provider who have recently moved their North American headquarters to Portland, ME.
The Director of Technical Accounting is responsible for the accounting standards and application of technical accounting across the group, which includes both regulated and non-regulated business affiliates. Reporting directly into the CFO, main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide oversight of the quality of sets of financial statements filed under different jurisdictions.
- Build strong relationships with external and internal auditors.
- Plan and implement detailed accounting policies and monitor the implementation at the underlying businesses. Work closely with the business and other corporate control teams to prepare and determine these policies.
- Communicate accounting policies and quality standards to the rest of the three subsidiary accounting teams.
- Independent view of financial statements and its disclosures.
- Validate consistency in the application of US GAAP and IFRS Group policies in Financial Statements.
- Analyze and document impacts of complex operations and events in US GAAP and IFRS financial statements.
- Determine accounting risks in conjunction with Internal Controls Department and design appropriate internal controls.
- Work closely with the external and internal auditors to ensure timely and successful resolution of technical accounting matters.
Apply today for immediate consideration. Should your resume be suitable for the role, you will receive a call within 72 hours of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA - non-negotiable
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in accounting
- Accounting or financial experience in a management role required
- Experience in preparation or audit of financial statements required
- Public accounting/auditing firm experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP required
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards preferred
- Knowledge of FERC accounting standards preferred
- Strong leadership skills required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written required
- Technical accounting knowledge for Utilities and Power industry (ideal but not essential).
What's on Offer
- $ 180,000 to $ 200,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Newly refurbished, Portland based office
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.