You are here
Director/Head of Shared Accounting Services
Exciting project with international flavour
Future career opportunities within a fast growing corporation
About Our Client
Our client is a large global multinational listed corporation, leader in its market niche and with important potential for growth. Due to a reorganization of the finance function and its processes, there is a need to increase the scope of a Shared Services Center that currently operates and will continue to operate in two different distant locations.
The Director role we are currently seeking to fill as head of the above mentioned SSC, will report to the Head of Global Finance and Reporting for local affiliates (Vice President level), and based in southern Italy, he/she will be responsible for the overall management of two Shared Accounting Services centers, as well as for the definition and execution of the annual migration plans of activities to both centers. The candidate in the role will be responsible for providing the necessary leadership to both centers to ensure the highest levels of service and accuracy as per defined service level agreements and in full respect of current accounting rules, policies and procedures.
Lead, manage and develop a growing team that will quickly reach 50 professionals and administrative staff, ensuring highest levels of performance and engagement.
- Ensure the proper management of the services provided by the centers, including but not limited to: Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Vendor Management, Bank Accounting and Reconciliation, Mass Asset Accounting, Inter company posting, Expense claims validations.
- Define and implement working procedures to standardize processes across the centers, increasing efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring segregation of duties and taking advantage from any possible synergies.
- Define and implement necessary processes and controls to ensure full adherence to applicable accounting principles as well as to Company processes and Procedures.
- In close consultation with the controllers of the legal various legal entities, define and implement annual migration plans. This includes the management of the entire process of migration planning (as is, to be, gap analysis, actions, monitoring) and migration execution (parallel run, shortfall identification, solution implementation) until the final go live.
- Ensure external customer (corporate suppliers) satisfaction
- Jointly with the controllers of the legal entities, define quantitative and qualitative performance matrix and service level agreements to be met.
- Support development and implementation of any other projects as assigned by the head of Global Finance and Reporting, Local Affiliates.
The Successful Applicant
University degree in finance or business administration. The Certified Public Accountant could be an additional asset.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in financial roles, and at least 5 years of experience in leadership roles in shared service centers.
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented, very hands-on and well developed execution skills
- Proven track record in leading and developing teams
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English; any other languages will be an advantage, but although the position is based in Italy, knowledge of Italian is not necessarily required
- The successful candidate must be highly results oriented and open to change. In addition, she/he must be used to deliver high quality work under pressure, changing priorities and time constraint
What's on Offer
Interesting and challenging career opportunity for a global listed multinational in southern Italy.