You are here
The role will be based at Spacestor's headquarters in Hemel Hempstead.
- Finance Director - Hemel Hempstead
About Our Client
Spacestor is a progressive, dynamic business with Design Centres in both London and California that designs and manufactures workspace furniture for cool offices in techs and blue chips such as Google, Apple, Microsoft and Jaguar Land Rover. Throughout a successful 25 years the company has established itself and built its brand as a key innovator of workspace furniture with an understanding of interiors and designs to help companies drive employee engagement and enhance culture. Spacestor's product range include innovative pods and smart walls as well as a great range of desks, benches and seating. The owners' high engagement with good design and enthusiasm for good business are driving significant growth both in the UK and US, with high growth also expected in the EMEA region.
You will be a key member of the senior management team and advisor to the board. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Providing leadership to the finance function, ensuring proper accounting practices, governance and control processes are in place
- Partnering with the Managing Director and other key stakeholders across the business to challenge and drive business performance
- Working alongside the board to develop and deliver strategy
- Involvement with commercial and operational decision making
- Responsibility for the company's financial affairs and managing external relationships with key stakeholders, including auditors, HMRC and banks
- Taking a lead role in developing, implementing, analysing, maintaining and presenting strategic business and financial plans
- Driving innovation in the finance function to improve analysis and the provision of business information
This is a senior leadership role that offers the chance to play a key role in Spacestor's ongoing growth and success.
The Successful Applicant
The role requires a bright, graduate calibre, qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with a successful track record in senior leadership roles. You may be currently working as a finance director, though capable financial controllers, looking to take the next step, will also be considered. Ideally you will have a background in manufacturing and a good understanding of cost accounting, though strong candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered, particularly if you can demonstrate good knowledge of contracting, tax or experience of working in a multi-territory business.
It is a prerequisite that you will be technically strong and have a high level of integrity together with mastery of strong controls and processes, and be able to work to strict deadlines. You will also be expected to have strong business partnering skills and be able to contribute both commercially and operationally and impact the bottom line.
It is of utmost importance that you fit in with the culture of Spacestor. The business is run on proven, conservative values, with a keen appetite for calculated risk and new revenue opportunities. You must be able to demonstrate high EQ and be capable of effectively communicating at all levels; from boardroom to the shop floor. As successful in this role, you will be capable of fitting into a collaborative and creative environment where both professional expertise and intellectual humility are highly valued.
What's on Offer
Excellent basic + benefits & bonus