You are here
Leasing industry or B2B equipment industry experience.
A Finance Director and trusted business partner to the Managing Director
About Our Client
Linde Sterling Ltd is a subsidiary of Linde Material Handling (UK) Ltd and form part of the KION Group AGI, listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. With a technically innovative and market leading forklift product range, as well as a wide range of business solutions, they are the UK market leader in the sale, service and rental of materials handling equipment. The 'Linde' brand is also recognised globally as a leading supplier of quality fork lift trucks and material handling equipment. Linde Sterling has continued to prosper and turnover has grown to exceed £52m. With their focus on the commercial and industrial sectors, they have built a reputation for quality, reliability and consistency, resulting in long term partnerships and new business with leading companies across the North West region. They are poised for further growth.
As the Finance Director for Linde Sterling Ltd in Warrington, you will report to and have daily contact with the MD, as well as being a key member of the local Board. You will have full P&L and balance sheet responsibility for Linde Sterling Ltd, and play a critical role in the provision of financial direction and support for all business operations.
You will be expected to proactively and effectively challenge performance, and to actively assist the MD and the Senior Management Team to improve overall business performance, interpreting monthly results. Acting as a finance business partner you will need to ensure the achievement of commercial objectives, compatible with business results, whilst also actively helping the business reach its commercial targets.
You will need to ensure sound financial and commercial management; including budgeting, forecasting as well as cash flow management forecasting and reporting. You will also have responsibility for overall financial control as they continue to expand. You will need to ensure the operational parts of the business follow appropriate processes and structures that are clear and work financially, as well as being fully integrated across the business. Monthly reporting is required to Group parent as well as compliance with group procedures & policies.
You will also be undertaking specific local and group business improvement projects and actively working with the business to develop growth plans and future performance improvements.
Finally, managing an accounting team; providing training, support and development.
The Successful Applicant
For this Finance Director appointment for Linde Sterling Ltd in Warrington, the ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with significant post qualification experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a finance lead role and exposure to leasing/finance experience would be advantageous and secondary to this, the manufacturing sector.
- Exceptional analytical, presentation and IT skills. Sage and SAP experience are highly desirable.
- Must have the right level of judgement, drive and influence to successfully inform the business agenda and influence the strategic direction.
- Experience of managing staff; with a breadth of financial knowledge and experience.
- A track record in successful business partnering and a strong relationship builder.
- Previous industrial experience would be a distinct advantage and you must have strong commercial awareness to successfully inform the commercial business agenda.
- Ideally you will have worked in a similar sized organisation and have experience of working within a group structure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to articulate clearly and challenge stakeholders. This person will also have the energy, ambition and enthusiasm to grow and add value to the organisation.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel between sites.
What's on Offer
A salary of c. £80,000, annual bonus of up to 20%, fully expensed executive car, pension and healthcare insurance.