You are here
General Manager Italy
Senior manager with multichannel sales and marketing experience
Strong brands in personal care industry
About Our Client
Our client is an international FMCG Group leading in the personal care industry.
The new manager will have the main following responsibilities:
- Develop annual business plans and programs including critical issue resolution and achieve annual business objectives by coordinating the implementation of innovative marketing and sales plans including effective advertising and promotions;
- Monitor sales trends and all P&L items and take corrective action when appropriate to achieve the annual business plan;
- Coordinate product and trademark registration activities with appropriate government entities and corporate departments;
- Coordinate new product and marketing recommendations in conjunction with the Marketing Manager and Global Category Management to Senior Management for approval;
- Recruit, supervise and develop staff to maintain good morale and ensure motivated personnel work in harmony and effectively;
- Ensure that effective systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintain effective and clear communications with all corporate departments;
- Maintain an awareness of and exercise sound business judgement in such areas as market condition, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related matters;
- Along with the Head of Italy Pharmacy Sales, manage key account relationships to meet defined goals and objective, and oversee the management of the Pharmacy sales agents;
- Fully manage the Mass Market distributor, agree and monitor the progress of the annual target and trade budget;
- Ensure that all legal, governmental, regulatory and tax filings are made in a timely and accurate manner;
- Maintain necessary industry and advisor relationships to ensure awareness of all competitive, regulatory and other factors impacting the ongoing conduct of the business.
- Participate to the business development strategy for the Group locally and internationally.
The Successful Applicant
University degree in BA from a reputable university; advanced degree in marketing is preferred.
Solid experience with increasing responsibility in successful consumer products management positions and/or some of experience as GM of small/medium sized companies or Business Unit in big sized companies.
Professional experience in Pharmacy Trade channel or markets outside of Italy or in Regional roles would be beneficial to the role.
Proven experience in developing and achieving target financial budgets.
The ideal candidate is able to think within a strategic framework and has the financial acumen, business building and marketing skills to translate the strategic framework into tangible results; has negotiating and communication skills; excellent judgement, as well as proven capacity for rendering objective business decisions.
He/she has proven leadership to direct diversified business models across different trade channels, including on-line sales; ability and willingness to assume greater responsibilities within the organisation as appropriate.
Fluency in English and Italian is essential.
What's on Offer
Great professional opportunity in a solid international organisation.