You are here
Group Financial Controller
Highly successful and expanding UK PLC seeks a Group FC
De facto deputy to the Main Board CFO, a highly varied and challenging role
About Our Client
Established just under one hundred years ago, our client has become synonymous with technical and engineering innovation in a variety of fields, with a truly global footprint. The Group is financially strong and continues to grow both organically and by acquisition, based on a business strategy of building long term relationships with key customers around the world. This appointment provides an opportunity to join a vibrant and fast moving international business and contribute directly to its continued success.
As the defacto deputy to the CFO, the Group Financial Controller will work with other group functions, in addition to the management teams of divisional companies in driving the financial performance of the business, including all financial and management reporting, preparation of the annual budget and maintaining rigorous and 'best practice' financial controls. The Group Financial Controller will also work on high profile activities, which will include assisting the CFO on investor relations as well as the development of a shared service centre. The role will play a central part in mergers and acquisitions, as the business realigns its business strategy in response to strategic growth opportunities.
- Oversee the production of the Group's Annual and Interim Report, press release and associated information for analysts and shareholders. Prepare reports and papers for the Audit Committee
- Oversee the annual budgeting process and the financial aspects of the strategic planning process.
- Oversee the consolidation of the Group's monthly management accounts, KPIs and associated commentaries. Provide ad hoc analysis. Work with the divisional teams to drive financial performance across the Group.
- Provide technical accounting advice to the divisions and executive team as required and manage the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Maintain up to date Group accounting policies that are accessible to all employees within the Group.
- Ensure that the Group operates with appropriate internal controls.Ensure that each division has the tools and processes to monitor financial performance. Support the roll out of reporting and budgeting tool for its use in the divisions and the continued development of SAP.
- Work with the New Ventures Director on M&A and corporate restructuring initiatives. Lead the financial due diligence for acquisitions, disposals and post-acquisition financial integration.
- Manage the interface with the auditors and other professional firms.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA (Top 4) with demonstrable post qualification experience in a plc environment (project based engineering, manufacturing or professional services sector experience desirable).
- Able to use up to date technical knowledge to offer pragmatic solutions to financial issues.
- Experience in dealing with international businesses.
- Experience of M&A activity including financial due diligence, deal negotiation, SPA negotiation, and working capital adjustment mechanisms
- Robustness, gravitas and presence to gain the respect of the divisional Managing Directors and Finance Directors.
- IT literate with a good understanding of business systems.
- Good written and oral communication.
- The ability to multi-task, a "roll-up-your-sleeves" attitude, the intellect to analyse complex issues and recommend solutions, the ability to work under your own initiative.
- Able and willing to travel overseas as required.
What's on Offer
Attractive six-figure base salary, in addition to benefits