You are here
Head of Financial Planning and Control
A leading FTSE 250, British-based international packaging business.
A high profile Head of Financial Planning and Control position
About Our Client
DS Smith PLC is a leading FTSE 250, British-based international packaging business. Today they employ more than 26,000 in 36 countries worldwide and, for the fiscal year 2015/16, had a revenue of £4,066m. They are a leading provider of corrugated & plastics packaging, supported by paper & recycling operations to an enviable customer base.
DS Smith Packaging designs and manufactures corrugated packaging for customers across Europe. Working in partnership with packaging users across the globe, they develop innovative packaging solutions that ensure their customers' products achieve more for less. They have reshaped their business so they are not only bigger but stronger, and they see further growth opportunities ahead by innovating with customers in new markets. The intent is to increase share in growth markets via acquisition and investment and to grow scale in niche markets and new business areas.
Organised geographically, the UK Packaging business is the single biggest region, with a revenue of £600m and 3000 employees over 30 sites. This is an opportunity to join the Central office for the UK Packaging business in Solihull.
As the Head of Financial Planning and Control located at the Central office for the UK Packaging business in Solihull, this is a key role, reporting to and working closely with the UK Packaging Finance Director. This role will support the development of the Finance function as a key member of the UK Finance Leadership team.
You will be responsible for co-ordinating and leading the financial planning and management reporting processes across the Division and through to Group. The role will also provide leadership and business partnering support to all central support functions including HR, Finance, IT and Shared Services.
You will lead and develop the monthly forecasting process, as well as lead the Divisional budget process, building from the "top down" corporate plan. You will also manage the strategic planning process and deliver a 3 Year Corporate Plan.
This is a high profile role and you will have the opportunity to represent the UK Packaging business at a European level.
The Successful Applicant
For this Head of Financial Planning and Control in Solihull, successful candidates must have/be:
- Degree educated and a qualified accountant, preferably ACA, with significant post qualification experience.
- Senior financial management experience within another PLC and a track record in the manufacturing sector would be preferred.
- Experience of leading a budget process at divisional level.
- Experience in reviewing and improving internal controls.
- Experience of ownership of financial reporting and control.
- A real eye for detail and ability to see the bigger picture.
- Experience of business partnering.
- A track record of owning the delivery and driving through real change, through implementing best in class processes and controls.
- Experience of leading and developing a team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a key role in the future success of this established business and to further your own career within a PLC.
What's on Offer
Up to £90,000 Basic, Car, Bonus and Excellent Benefits