You are here
Managing Director - Mandarin Speaker
Global F&B corporation headquartered in Asia seek to appoint a UK MD
You will be responsible for launching one of their restaurant brands in the UK
About Our Client
Our client are a globally recognised food and beverage multinational with a number of brands. They pride themselves in delighting customers with a blend of unique new food concepts having won a number of awards. Headquartered in Singapore and China, they have experienced success in a number of international locations. They are now looking to bring one of their most successful and unique restaurant concepts to the UK, opening their first site in London at the end of 2017.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for driving sales revenue, providing leadership, developing strategy and overseeing all day to day aspects of the restaurant business. This will include all planning, coordination and management of activities involved in operations, project, procurement and talent acquisition.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing all aspects of the brand, including operations, branding, IT, HR & Training, Finance, Real Estate, Project & Maintenance as well as the central kitchen
- Responsibility for the business P&L
- Store expansion and concept development
- Maintenance of the highest standards of quality, service and environment for the brand
- Responsible for training, development, growth and career advancement of all staff
- Building a strong team working mentality across all departments to support the effective operational running of the business
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in the role we are looking for someone who is already operating in a Country Management/VP capacity who has a good understanding of Chinese culture. Ideally, we would like to attract a Mandarin speaker as without the language skills we feel that the role will be a difficult one. You should have a track record within the hospitality industry, ideally within a start up or rapidly growing brand. We seek a self-starter who has high energy levels to recruit, engage and motivate teams. Stakeholder engagement and relationship management will be the foundation for success therefore clear communication skills with a positive working attitude are pre-requisites.
What's on Offer
This is a unique opportunity to be responsible for the successful launch of a new brand to the UK market with the backing and support of a major multinational. There is a competitive offer on the table for the right candidate.