You are here
Large multinational consumer goods manufacturer.
About Our Client
Large multinational consumer goods manufacturer.
Reporting to the company's CEO his/her duties and responsibilities will include the following:
Personnel in charge of: Business, Human Resources, Legal, New Business & Finance Managers.
- Provide the information and business recommendations necessary for the Board's decisions regarding the Strategic Plan, annual budget, and their objectives.
- Supervise the execution of the annual budget and objectives as well as the Strategic Plan, reporting on progress and corrective measures to the Board throughout the year.
- Set the organization's strategy, while being held responsible for the company's management and profitability.
- Set the strategies for each Business Unit to achieve its objectives; present different alternatives to the Board in order to achieve the Group's optimal strategic development.
- Make high-level decisions on corporate policy and strategy.
- Ensure that the parameters established in the company's Strategic Plan are carried out.
- Ensure that corporate philosophy, ethics, and methodology are complied with at all times.
- Set short-, mid-, and long-term objectives, as well as develop and propose operating plans that best adapt to the company's future growth.
- Allocate resources with the goal of achieving a balance between short- and long-term profitability. In doing so, he/she will be responsible for organizing the resources that the company provides (in terms of equipment and people) in order to maximize synergies and performance.
- Monitor and analyze all of the company's business areas, being the one ultimately responsible for the overall results before the Board of Directors.
- Manage a company with several Business Units and lead the cross-departmental work, supporting and leading different management teams.
- Understand the business down to its foundation, with all its problems and strengths, but at the same time, from a financial and international point of view.
- Generate adequate and growing results (Ebitda) that show the health of the business, continuous growth, and good business development.
- Maximize the objectives both in terms of the Profit and Loss Account and long-term value, achieving the required return on resources invested by each Business Unit.
- Together with the CEO, split up the different representations of the company before organizations, Group investments, and other forums in which one of the two must represent the Group.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business Administration, Law, or Engineering.
Master's degree (MBA or similar) from a prestigious business school will be valued.
Demonstrable experience of 6-7 years as Managing Director, having previously carried out some of the business management functions at a first-class multinational company within the FMCG sector (food / beverages).
Experience in increasing company value and profits will be valued.
- Financial and monitoring experience.
- The candidate must be able to tackle important CHALLENGES:
- Organizational changes.
- Ability to lead, unite, and build teams working together to achieve a common result.
- Positive and motivating attitude, setting an example for his/her subordinates and the rest of the organization.
- Knowledge of the business in terms of the following (more focused on people than his/her own abilities given that he/she will have specialist teams in the different business areas, although his/her abilities will also be taken into account):
- Beverages, spirits, or breweries markets.
- Distribution sector (in general).
- Retail sector.
- The candidate must be very people-focused as well as have leadership and business management skills. In working toward improving his/her teams' work, he/she must always seek out the best possible balance between the different personalities, their abilities, and their motivations.
- Great communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be accustomed to working under pressure.
- A VERY HIGH level of English; a second or third language will be valuable.
- Strategic vision.
- Management of high-performance teams.
- Strong dialogue skills.
- Organized and with a global and strategic vision for the company.
- Talented in leading teams.
- Strong communication skills and able to relay clear and concise ideas.
- Motivated and able to bring out the best in every team member in a working environment that boosts talent.
- Able to plan well as it is important to avoid chaos and disorganization.
- Analytical and able to pick up on new market niches, opportunities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Focused on the achievement of planned objectives, which are the company's ultimate goal.
- Ability to lead a cross-departmental team.
What's on Offer
A good opportunity for professional development.