You are here
NPD Programmes Director
NPD Programmes Director
Alexander Dennis Limited the UK's leading bus and coach manufacturer.
About Our Client
Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) is the UK's leading bus and coach manufacturer, employing around 2500 people in facilities in the UK, Continental Asia and North America. The fastest growing bus and coach builder in Western Europe, ADL encompasses three famous marques Alexander, Dennis and Plaxton. Innovation with style is a hallmark of their products and they have genuine breakthrough technology already achieving signification fuel and CO2 savings without compromising durability or operator availability.
Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) are looking to appoint a NPD Programmes Director to lead and develop and deploy world class project management techniques across a wide range of projects encompassing NPD and other business change initiatives. The business has an ambitious growth strategy to increase revenues to £1bn by 2020 and requires an exceptional individual to lead the Programme Management function and execute the key projects to help facilitate this growth. As such, this role will be pivotal both to the development of robust project management disciplines and to ensuring successful delivery of organisation wide programs. Working across the group the role can be based at any of their major UK facilities (Labert, Skelmersdale or Guildford) but will require travel both nationally and internationally.
- Define the overall structure, strategy and approach, for all projects.
- Develop and implement a robust framework of best practice Project Management
- Evaluate projects in terms of financial contribution and criticality to the business and ensure that resource is correctly prioritised
- Coach, manage and lead the project managers to achieve intended business outcomes against defined goals
- Define, implement and manage the project governance process to facilitate effective senior management oversight, and ensure effective reporting and communication are in place
- Development of key stakeholder relationships along with the management of internal and external interdependencies to support delivery across all projects
- Drive continuous improvement in the business development process
- Develop and maintain a total multi discipline resource plan
The Successful Applicant
This is a key appointment to the business. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Programmes Director who has successfully developed, deployed and executed world class project management across a multi-site manufacturing business serving international markets.
Key skills and experience will include:
- First-hand knowledge and experience of project management execution involving multiple projects and project management methodologies.
- Proven track record of delivery of results within a Senior Operational, Engineering or business leadership role
- Hold APM qualification or equivalent such as Prince2
- Degree level education in a business, Technical, or Engineering discipline.
What's on Offer
Market Rate Salary with comprehensive benefits package