You are here
Operational Risk Management - Insurance
Based in Cambridge, MA
Senior Analyst level
About Our Client
My client offers wide variety of retirement, life and reinsurance products. They were founded in the late nineties and boast an impressive track record. They will shortly be relocating to their new offices in Cambridge, MA and are looking to grow their risk management team. They have a strong financial foundation and have over $40b in assets.
The role will play an integral role in developing and implementing an enterprise and operational risk program for a rapidly-growing insurance firm. This individual will participate in the development of all aspects of the Company's operational risk framework, including risk identification, measurement, monitoring, reporting, system design, and communication/training. The successful candidate will have significant opportunities to interact with senior leadership and collaborate with colleagues across the firm; as such, he/she must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal effectiveness. In addition, a high degree of analytical aptitude is required to succeed in the role.
- Manage the Company's operational risk event reporting program in accordance with current policies and through the establishment of improvements to current procedures
- Collaborate with risk and control owners to perform root cause analysis on operational risk events and issues, establishing corrective action plans and driving consensus across multiple areas of the firm
- Develop business requirements and testing procedures for the design and implementation of the Company's GRC tool
- Assist with the development and execution of the Company's top risk assessment and other enterprise risk management tasks (i.e. ORSA) as identified
- Drive the preparation, analysis, and reporting of information to management and the Board of Directors. Clearly articulate risk concepts to executive leaders.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining a qualitative/quantitative operational risk appetite statement(s) with associated metrics, monitoring, triggers, escalation and mitigating actions. Work with business process owners to develop key risk indicators and develop other metrics reporting
- Assist with the analysis of new business and products from a risk/reward perspective
- Work with leaders across the enterprise to promote clear risk communication, build a strong risk culture, develop relationships, and identify creative solutions to drive results
Apply today for consideration within 72 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive benefits package, you will posses the following:
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years' experience in an enterprise / operational risk or related role.
- Experience working in the insurance industry / financial services industry preferred
- Experience working with GRC tools preferred (i.e. Open Pages).
- Conversant in risk frameworks and governance processes
- Demonstrated skill and effectiveness in complex root cause analysis and executive reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently. Flexible and able to learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
What's on Offer
- $ 80,000 to $100,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive benefits package