You are here
Strong plant manager in industrial manufacturing
Leading company in FMCG
About Our Client
Our client is one of the main industrial manufacturing players leading in FMCG with the manufacturing plant located in Central Italy.
This is a hands-on position that is responsible for maximising daily production. It plays an integral part in plant operations, special projects, and is responsible for developing and maintaining a motivated staff and for developing and achieving budgetary and production targets.
She/he will report to the General Manager and will have the following main responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the strategies, plans and budgets as agreed with the Business Management to achieve the organisational and financial objectives of the company;
- Achieve the overall organisational and financial objectives by assuming responsibility for setting, and controlling budgets, targets and objectives (KPIs);
- Drive production organisation and planning in order to achieve the best solution in terms of volume & mix of production, managing high number of SKU's with different product requirements in different channels;
- Manage complexity in order to ensure the best result in terms of P&L and develop inside activities to fulfil product improvements, in terms of Process Settings or Capex requests;
- Provide a customer focused approach throughout the Company; building and maintaining the contacts necessary for the future development of the business, proactively promoting the Company;
- Drive the installed Quality Management Systems according to ISO standards and Group Quality Policy;
- Manage all safety and environmental procedures in line with legislation and corporate guidelines;
- Ensure local HR policies are established and followed according to legislation and group policies and manage resource requirements in order to respond to market needs in the most effective way for product, output, service and cost;
- Coordinate the relationship with our union workforce and negotiate union contracts as needed in conjunction with the HR Department;
- Ensure that the key roles in the plant are staffed with people who can effectively undertake their roles in the business and that the roles are clearly defined and understood and all personnel are motivated and developed to achieve the business's objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate has an engineering educational background or similar.
We are looking for a manager with a proven successful experience in industrial environment and knowledge of local and regional legislation related to industrial relations and environmental matters as well as Italian labour law understanding. The candidate shows a proven track record in terms of negotiations with unions, excellent business understanding in terms of product, customer & controlling as well as for supply chain. Additionally, he/she has technical knowledge of all areas of factory operations, typical process machinery, factory services, construction and contract management for finished products.
Leadership, change management attitude and result orientation in the right balance with EHS, quality and service level will be key factors to succeed in the role.
The knowledge of Italian and English languages is strongly required.
What's on Offer
Great job opportunity for a plant manager in a fast growing multinational organisation.