You are here
Production and Materials Director
Materials Planning, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing
6 sigma, Scheduling, Manufacturing, Production upscale
About Our Client
Our client focus its expertise, its technologies and its innovation on offering our customers high quality products and service that meet their stringent requirements.
* Propose objectives, strategies and long term plans in relation to procurement, manufacturing, product delivery and site utilization.
* Evidence of strategic planning and implementation Policy
* Propose policy in relation to manufacturing practices within the business, including materials and components sourcing and costs, timely delivery, and the implementation of best practice such as Lean Manufacturing to reduce manufacturing costs.
* Organize and staff relevant functions with qualified individuals
* Contribute actively to the development of managers
* Manage the performance of your staff, including their management and development of employees.
* Recommend and seek out training as needed for the optimal operation of the Production and Materials teams
* Skills and Training Matrix, training plan adherence
* Maintain and improve manufacturing processes to maximize quality, dependability and productivity while minimizing costs and stock outs.
* In concert with CI/Quality Director, implement and support best practice production process and techniques. This may include Lean Manufacturing methodologies including Kaizen, Lean Cells, 5S, etc.
* Recommend cases for outsourcing production processes, new equipment, training, new methods, etc.
* Support the monitoring, maintenance and continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment and tooling
- Define, monitor and manage annual operating plans and budget for the operations function.
* Design and manage planning, forecasting and capacity management processes to achieve maximum production to meet customer's needs.
* Ensure that products are produced to agreed quality standards, on time and to budget
* Achieve raw materials, WIP and finished goods inventory targets.
* Optimize the suppliers to maximize delivery performance and quality while minimizing costs and risk.
* Regularly review and communicate commodity for raw materials and various subcontracted services.
* Establish and maintain supplier agreements and performance with key suppliers.
* Ensure the agreed cycle count process is maintained per Finance requirements
* Maintain compliance to QMS system in Production and Materials areas
* Establish and maintain close and effective working relationships with other managers in the business and the wider group.
* Through your teams, maintain an ERP system which accurately reflects the status of materials, orders, production, inventory, WIP and shipping schedules
The Successful Applicant
* Worked in technical manufacturing environment (engineering or science).
* Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline required, Professional Skills/ Abilities:
* Financially astute, able to assimilate detail and identify key issues quickly - understanding their impact on tactics and strategy.
* Adept negotiator, internally & externally
* Networking (evidence of establishing credibility is required)
* Computer literate: MS Office Suite including Word, Excel (intermediate to advanced), Outlook and PowerPoint.
* MRP/ERP proficiency - experience implementing a planning to shipping MRP/ERP system preferred.
* 7 plus years of experience leading team(s) in manufacturing environment. Responsibility
* Must have led teams, and had financial responsibility. International
* Exposure to, awareness of, and empathy with other cultures, diversity and business environments
* Willingness to travel occasionally, less than 15% People management
* Performance management through mid managers, teams and individuals.
* Development of effective working teams.
* Understand the impact that culture has on your ability to deliver.
What's on Offer
Excellent Base and Bonus compensation and Benefits