You are here
Purchasing Manager (m/f)
Develop a manufacturing plan for the local production team
Establish component sourcing and pricing relationships with key suppliers
About Our Client
Our Client is a global supplier of thermal systems to automotive OEMs on four continents. Celebrating their 50th anniversary next year, the company prides itself on delivering quality heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC), powertrain cooling, and electric vehicle & Hybrid battery thermal management systems of the highest quality and performance, at the lowest delivered cost. The company excels at providing innovative solutions for their customers and the comfort, efficiency and reliability it provides to the users of their vehicles. With a broad product range to accommodate varied OEM customer needs and a global footprint that spans across 21 locations including China, North America, Thailand, Australia, Europe and India, they are ideally placed to support both volume and bespoke production. On their behalf we are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager (m/f) to be based in Nitra, Slovakia
The aim of the role is to develop a manufacturing plan for the local production team which will meet the requirements of our customer. The role holder will establish component sourcing and pricing relationships with key suppliers to ensure the competitive quotations are presented to potential customers to improve business development opportunities. Furthermore the role is responsible for implementing local operational sourcing strategies to improve pricing and profitability of future and current programs in line with the required specification of the engineering department.
The tasks of the Purchasing Manager (m/f) are as follows, but not limited to:
- Ensure suppliers are informed and work towards the company and industry objective;
- Control the suppliers of the company in the management of cost reduction, warranty and design changes to ensure that internal procedures are adhered to and targets are attained;
- Instruct all suppliers of the delivery requirements of the company and ensure the timely receipt of goods according to manufacturing and engineering schedules established;
- Approve supplier price increase requests;
- Resolve warranty issues and achieve recovery of all relevant costs where applicable from suppliers;
- Approve sourcing recommendations;
- Establish and achieve cost reduction/avoidance targets;
- Establish and control operating budgets where necessary;
- Conduct annual performance appraisal reviews and counsel staff on all aspects of their performance, recommend training programs for staff in conjunction with Human Resources.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- MSc or BSc in supply chain, logistics or engineering;
- At least 5-10 years of experience as a purchasing manager, agent or officer within the manufacturing industry;
- Ability to lead a team of professionals;
- Fluent English and Slovak language knowledge is mandatory;
- Good knowledge of logistic coordination;
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- Proactive, independent, creative, team-player and hands-on approach.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary package.