You are here
Senior Analyst - Internal Audit - Boston, MA
Based in Cambridge, MA
Senior Analyst level
About Our Client
My client offers wide variety of retirement, life and reinsurance products. They were founded in the late nineties and boast an impressive track record. They will shortly be relocating to their new offices in Boston/ Cambridge, MA and are looking to grow their internal audit team. They have a strong financial foundation and have over $40b in assets.
Reporting into the VP of Corporate Services and with a dotted line into the MD of the insurance business. The role will be responsible for audit methodologies, policies, procedures, tools, systems and management reporting. The role facilitates consistent application across the business lines through metrics and quality assurance. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline
- Establish risk-based audit programs
- Determine scope of review in conjunction with the Audit Manager
- Review the suitability of internal control design
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Verbally communicate findings to senior management and draft comprehensive and complete report of audit area.
This role is at the heart of the business and is therefore high exposure. The role is specifically designed and ideal for someone joining straight out of a public accounting firm. Apply today for consideration within 24 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance - preferred.
- CPA or CIA - essential
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting/ external audit - essential
- Big 4 audit background - ideal but not essential - we will consider candidates with backgrounds from all the public accounting firms
- Ability to work for a firm based in the Cambridge/ Brookline/ Harvard area.
What's on Offer
- $ 80,000 - $100,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive benefits package