You are here
Senior Digital Architect
Enable the Digital transformation
Exciting international work environment with exceptional opportunities to grow
About Our Client
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the owner of the IKEA Concept and the worldwide IKEA franchisor. Their assignment is to continuously develop the IKEA Concept and to ensure its successful implementation in existing and new markets. They embrace the opportunities arising from a new everyday reality to add more value for today's and tomorrow's customers. Their way forward is to continue being a modern and optimistic brand and work together . All IKEA retailers (with the exception of the IKEA store in Delft, the Netherlands, owned by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.) are franchisees and business partners of Inter IKEA Systems. 13 different groups of companies own and operate IKEA stores all over the world under franchise agreements. Today there are over 380 IKEA stores in 48 countries.
IKEA Digital Business, a support unit within Inter IKEA Systems, has the mission to run reliable information technology operations, enable business development to grow and lead the digital transformation towards a better IKEA - designed for the future. IKEA is on a journey to become even more Digital. The mission is to create a better everyday life for the many people. This offers great fantastic opportunities to achieve this through usage of Digital and Innovative solutions. Digitalisation will be applied to their way of working across the globe. The organisation needs Digitally passionate people that are not afraid to challenge the status quo by applying unconventional approaches and highly innovative solutions.
Currently we are looking for an enthusiastic Digital Architect to join the team in Delft.
Reporting to the Digital Architecture Manager, you will contribute to the design of a target information technology landscape that is based on business strategies and processes and leverages existing and new platforms. You will support its implementation via the development of roadmaps and frameworks. Next to that you will support the innovation process: new technologies that will allow and enable IKEA to meet even more people all over the world! Going forward you will further explore digital technology as an opportunity to develop and future-proof IKEA.
Your main responsibilities:
- Define and implement the digital architecture, capabilities and directions reflecting IKEA strategies and processes, and taking into account technological opportunities;
- Ensure alignment and support the implementation of business capabilities, business information, application systems and underlying technology;
- Secure the quality of essential digital assets required for IKEA's long term development;
- Guide and monitor the transition from the current technology landscape towards the targeted one enabled by well anchored architecture framework;
- Analyse emerging technology in terms of benefits, risks and impact on current technology landscape;
- Set up the required internal architecture communities and participate as a valuable partner in external architecture communities across IKEA;
- Provide information and advice for better informed business decisions within and across organisation(s) to optimise portfolio of activities.
The Successful Applicant
- We expect you to have a very good knowledge of information and business technologies with a specific recent experience on the Digital Architecture concepts, methodologies and frameworks;
- In your recent experience you have been part of Digital projects or transformations. You have been designing the Digital architecture of those projects and were in a key role of ensuring that those projects were successful;
- You have extensive knowledge of Digital eco systems and cloud. Terminology like SAAS and PAAS is very familiar and comfortable to you;
- We are looking for a visionary, pragmatic and adaptable leader with strong willpower and a good level of persistence;
- You are curious and able to build relationships in order to establish strong trust between the architecture community and its stakeholders;
- It is also necessary that you carry natural credibility and authority and you have a proven track record of reaching stretched targets;
- You are an energetic and collaborative leader who has a very good knowledge of IT organisations, strategies and working methods..
What's on Offer
Inter IKEA Systems offers an exciting international work environment with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop. You will be part of a flexible, value-driven and open organisation and get the opportunity to work with a fantastic brand!
The position requires significant travelling