You are here
US Tax Accountant - Biotechnology
Tax role in the heart of Cambridge's biotech/ medical/ pharma/ startup scene
Based in the heart of Cambridge, MA
About Our Client
My client is a listed biotech firm based in Cambridge, MA. They are 20 years old as a firm and boast a successful track record. They have operations in five countries around the world.
Reporting directly into the Head of Tax (based overseas), we are in search of an experienced US Tax Accountant who will be responsible for preparing our corporate income tax returns for USA operations, ensuring that federal and state filings are completed on time. The US Tax Accountant will also provide support with state and local sales taxes, GST taxes and duties. Main responsibilities will predominantly include:
- Prepare the US corporate income tax returns for review by the Global Head of Tax to ensure the group complies with all tax filing and payment requirements, on both a federal and state level;
- Prepare the quarterly installment payment calculations at the federal and state level;
- Own the US tax ledgers, performing regular reconciliations of federal/state tax payments and submissions recorded in the IRS portals;
- Review transaction level data in relevant tax sensitive codes and ensure the accounting and tax treatment are aligned and appropriate liaising with local finance management
- Prepare the tax provision for the US consolidated tax group at full year and half year under IFRS for inclusion in the group consolidated accounts ensuring any significant issues are raised with the Global Head of Tax;
- Support the Global Head of Tax in establishing appropriate systems or processes to highlight and manage tax risks, providing input into the set-up of the new ERP system;
- Manage the US Monthly tax accrual booking process for management accounting purposes;
- Liaise with tax authorities and provide tax audit support where relevant;
- Review the US R&D claim workings and ensure documentation is kept up-to-date;
- Prepare annual US transfer pricing reports for review by the Global Head of Tax
This role will suit someone coming straight out of p. accounting, or someone who already has in-house experience in US Taxes.
Experience in the medical device field is not essential. US tax experience is.
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- Minimum 2.5 years' tax experience in public accounting firm or large corporation.
- Minimum 2.5 years' experience in US corporate tax.
- CPA qualified (ideal but not essential)
- Previous experience of accounting under IFRS
- Experience of Oracle (ideal but not essential)
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $70,000 to $80,000
- Excellent vacation packages
- Opportunity to work in a tax capacity at the heart of an exciting biotechnology firm in the heart of Cambridge.
- Reporting directly into the Direct of Tax
- Access to a firm wide stock plan that can be bought into at a heavily discounted rate
- Flexible benefits package.