You are here
Vice President - Accounting Director - Compensation & Benefits
Focus on accounting activities related to Compensation & Benefits
Reports directly into the Controller
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest financial services entities in the world. Highly reputable and a leader in its field, they are looking for someone to spearhead their Compensation & Benefits division from an accounting and finance perspective.
Reporting directly into the Controller within the firm, this role spearheads the Compensation & Benefits accounting function. Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- US and non-US benefit expense, including payroll taxes, defined benefit and defined contribution plans, health & welfare plans
- All accounting related to company incentive programs, including deferred incentives
- US and non-US expat benefits
- Own the relationship with the defined benefit plan actuarial firm, including decisions around plan assumptions, disclosures and compliance requirements
- Review and approve account reconciliations and journal entries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, accounting policies and reconciliation policies
- Ensure that regulatory, management and SOX reporting is completed accurately and timely.
- Comply with all controls including attestations, documentation and validation requirements
- Lead the annual 401K and Retirement Plan audits, including financial statement preparation and review
- Manage onshore and offshore accounting resources. Identify and develop talent, provide direction and train as needed
- Create and regularly maintain accurate forecasts and budgets for Restructuring and Compensation and Benefit expense.
- Develop relationships within the Finance, Human Resources and Payroll departments to ensure transparency and accuracy of all results.
Apply today for immediate consideration. Should your resume be suitable for the role, you will receive a call within 72 hours of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA - non-negotiable
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in accounting
- Accounting or financial experience in a management role required
- Previous experience within the Compensation & Benefits space.
What's on Offer
- $ 160,000 to 180,000 base salary, dependent upon experience
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Vice President title
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- Work-life balance arrangements