You are here
Vice President of Finance
Post M&A context, owned by an international biotechnology group
We are looking for an experienced FP&A executive to be the CFO for the US
About Our Client
Our client is an international group, who has recently acquired this company in and is looking for a senior finance Business Partner who can turn it around financially and support the growth of the company in the U.S.
This person will have a solid line report to the HQ and a dotted line to the local CEO.
It will be very important that this person has Biotech experience or an equivalent project based company dynamic such as (upstream O&G or EPCI). It is expected of this professional that in the first 6 months, he/she is able to assess the business and preset a plan with:
- Initiatives in cost reduction
- Initiatives in pricing improvements (new clients and current clients)
- Show the clear picture of the business to sales and management to realign or drive budget
- Identify a set of KPI's matching the business profile
Main duties and responsibilities:
- As a real Finance Business Partner, this person must be able to create value and profit for the company, expanding it's contributions beyond the traditional accounting and internal controls.
- Act as the bridge between Headquarters in Asia and Our client USA.
- Implement the HQ finance strategy in Our client day to day with efficiency.
- Be able to reduce the current operation costs and makes key decisions to increase revenue for Our client aligned with the business goals.
- Provide good financial insights to help make better decisions for the leadership.
- Establish internal control processes that support a better management of the company and provides a platform to grow the business.
- Drive the annual budget process and the monthly reporting.
- Manage financial and working capital; communicating capital requirements/ implications of business decisions to Our client CEO and HQ.
- Effectively lead the finance / accounting team by training, hiring and retaining top-grade talent.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal profile is an executive with experience in a midsize company, preferably post acquisition developments in cost, process and revenue enhancements.
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree of Finance. CICPA, ACCA or equivalent.
- 8-10 years of experience in a leadership finance/accounting position, including at least 5 years manager/above experiences of broad financial and operations management experience, or 7-9 years of big-4 accounting firm auditing/tax/accounting consulting working experience.
- Demonstrates efficiency of execution, Flexibility and adaptability, Integrity/honesty, aggressive, calm under pressure, moves quickly and effectively, follows through on commitments, open to criticism and others' ideas, teamwork, persuasion.
- Experience in ASIA is a plus
- IFRS and GAAP reporting are needed
What's on Offer
This is a very good opportunity to be the Regional CFO for a global organization in the U.S
We are looking ideally for a Finance Director with experience in a midsize company, with international exposure.