You are here
Vice President - Merger Integration (Carve Outs)
Portfolio Companies, Financial Management
About Our Client
Our client is a Private Equity Consulting firm, with start-up mentality focused on executing value creation initiatives for PE sponsors and their portfolio companies.
They act as an extension of mid and large-cap sponsors' internal resources and operations groups, working directly with prominent CFO's and alongside the office of the Controller to implement new mandates and facilitate the decision making process.
With a New York City based office of around 30 professionals, they value transparency, deliver an inclusive environment, and reward entrepreneurship.
To round out their office of the CFO expertise, they're aggressively building out the Financial Accounting & Advisory Services practice to further enhance the 'one team' approach in working shoulder to shoulder with clients and directly shaping the future of their business.
You will play a pivotal role in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of client's finance/accounting functions by:
- Lead client/consultant teams in planning for and executing merger integration and carve-out initiatives
- Assist with operational due diligence, Day 1 readiness, TSA negotiations, 100 day plans, synergy tracking, executive/sponsor reporting of progress and ensuring the overall goals of the project are being achieved and on time
- Assist with the development of merger integration and carve-out proposals and thought leadership materials
- Assist with the refinement of existing merger integration and carve-out approaches, checklists and deliverables
- Prepare financial statements, pro forma financial statements, and financial restatements typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, restatements and proposed sale transactions
- Work closely with clients in the preparation and issuance of written accounting policies and procedures
- Conduct reporting process improvement reviews to increase financial reporting accuracy
The Successful Applicant
- 5-8 years of professional experience, specializing in merger integration, carve-outs, business transformation and change management
- Willingness to travel
- Four-year college degree, MBA a plus
- Private Equity Industry experience is strongly encouraged
- Experience related to merger integration and carve-out transactions
- Experience in developing and implementing mergers and acquisitions integration and carve-out services within a consulting advisory firm or corporate planning, development, or management function
- Experience in merger integrations, divestitures and carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Deep functional expertise, preferably in finance/accounting
- Program management and leadership experience
- Experience in integration planning and divestitures
What's on Offer
Attractive corporate culture and flexibility