You are here
VP - Credit Trading
Credit trading in Emerging Europe & Asia and European IG and HY
Leading European Corporate Bank looking to strengthen their London office
About Our Client
Our client is a leading European Corporate Bank
Exciting VP - Credit Trading opportunity with a leading European Corporate Bank in London
The team is responsible for credit trading in Emerging Europe & Asia and European IG and HY. The team originates, underwrites, provides liquidity, warehouses/manages and distributes hard currency credit risk in various formats (loans, bonds, derivatives/synthetics), both in primary and secondary market. Credit analysis, pricing, structuring, execution, hedging, electronic/voice trading and distribution are key components of the business. The team interact daily with Sales, Research and DCM/Syndicate.
The operation is firmly centred around facilitating client activity in bonds and loans. The team is a market maker in bonds for all the regions we operate in and an active player in syndicated loans and credit derivative products. The Trading function is in organised by region and in trading units within each region.
The team has a solid and profitable track record, achieving above-average P&L per head and return on equity for the past 9 years. They aim to be at the front of the ongoing transformation in financial markets, focusing in particular on data analytics and artificial intelligence. The team has been growing and we are now looking for candidates who will have great opportunity to learn and develop into senior traders. Successful candidates will be change leaders, with a burning ambition to improve performance through the adoption of technology.
The team operates in a high paced environment and looking for a candidate who can learn quickly and adapt to ever changing environment. The candidate will work closely with team members and interact regularly with Sales, Research and Risk Management functions. It is important that the candidate have some previous fixed income trading experience , as he/she is expected to start trading straight away
- Identify opportunities to increase market share and execute initiatives to achieve it.
- Promote the bank's Credit Trading franchise.
- Provide liquidity competitively and consistently to FM clients.
- Manage inventory levels to guarantee the ability to quote on every client inquiry and absorb the resulting flow.
- Assess risk-return profile and liquidity of securities.
- Understand credit research and form a credit view on issuers.
- Trade in various markets (loan/bonds/CDS) and manage a defined set of securities.
- Secondary responsibility for execution of large tickets and voice flow.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree (at least 2:1).
- University degree from a top university most likely in a maths/finance/economics/engineering degree
- Advanced degree (post-graduate).
- Strong analytical skills.
- 5 years' experience as a Senior Trader within Credit Trading or equivalent
- Coding skills
- Other languages
- Can do attitude, positive mind set, adaptability and resilience.
- Curious, entrepreneurial and innovative problem solver.
- Genuine team player.
- Clear, concise and transparent communicator.
- Disciplined, customer-focused and results-driven.
- Attention to detail, disciplined and results-driven.
- Able to work under pressure and in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to ingest large amounts of data under time pressure.
- Accountable for own actions and able to learn from mistakes..
- The candidate will need to pass all regulatory exams and enrol to CFA programme to complete within 3 years.
- Self-motivated, proactive and with perpetual energy and drive to improve performance.
- Challenger of the status quo, always striving to do things more efficiently and effectively.
- Positive influencer, motivating and energising others.
- Empathetic and appreciative of diversity
What's on Offer
The package will be competitive