Accountancy Consultant - Washington, DC
Designed specifically for Big 4 alumni
Based in Washington, DC
About Our Client
The employer is a leading, national consulting firm that helps financial executives with leadership and operational execution. They have a strong national presence and boast a high caliber organization, made up or predominantly ex-Big 4 accounting professionals. They have opened four new offices in the past year alone and are looking for strong candidates to join them with this continued growth.
The firm specializes in areas from Merger Integration to IPO readiness and carve-outs. There is opportunity to cover a broad range of sectors, or to specialize in your chosen industry. To confirm, this isn't an external audit role. This role is ideally at Consultant level, reporting directly into the Senior Manager of the group. It will enable you to build a larger network in less time than you can anywhere else. Examples of recent assignments are:
- IPO Readiness
- Merger Integration
- Controllership consulting
- Carve-Out accounting
- SEC Reporting
- Sox & Controls
- Annual process and controls update
- Interim management
- Sale and leaseback accounting standards
- Valuations/ modeling
- Transaction advisory/ M&A
Please note that we are looking for someone to join at Consultant level, with a fast-track progression to Manager level, performance dependent.
Apply today and your resume will be considered within 72 hours of submission. If you're resume is deemed suitable, you will receive a call from us as soon as we're able.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a highly competitive total compensation package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience (if you have more than this, please still apply and we will likely consider you for Manager level)
- You will be coming from a Big 4 Background, or have recently left the Big 4 (non-negotiable)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams
- Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting
- Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical and dependable.
What's on Offer
- Depending on your level of experience, a base salary of between $ 75,000 and $ 82,000
- Performance related bonus scheme (uncapped and within your control)
- Additional (sizeable) financial incentives throughout the year
- Work/ life balance orientated - strict 40 hour working week
- Work from home available
- Collegiate environment of like-minded Big 4 alumni
- Large company celebrations and seasonal social events.