- Boutique Alternative Lending/ Private Debt
- Reporting directly into the Owner of the Boutique firm
About Our Client
My client was founded in 2015 to provide capital to credit worthy small and medium size borrowers leveraging a Boston based family office network and capital base. Their value proposition to the small balance market is providing flexible, one-stop liquidity with complex structuring capability. Investment sizes are $3M to $15M located in the New England region. Investments are typically asset backed with significant collateralization. They have completed 30+ transactions to date and have recently taken on a new significant capital provider. Their objective is to build a direct, diversified portfolio backed by real estate, equipment or receivables with excellent annualized returns.
Reporting into the Founder of the firm, the Analyst's main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Analyzing and summarizing all due diligence materials related to the credit quality of businesses or assets being acquired or owned by the firm, including the analysis of the company or asset's historical and present financial condition, products and/or services, sales and marketing strategies, customer and supplier base, industry dynamics, competitive position, management team, and financial projections;
- Working with the Senior leadership to manage the due diligence, screening, and underwriting approval processes;
- Assisting with the syndication process on transactions in which the firm is leading the financings;
- Fulfilling all portfolio management requirements including on-going credit analysis, reporting and follow-on credit activities (amendments, recapitalizations, acquisitions, restructurings, etc.);
- Supporting the firm's efforts to attract, develop, and retain best-in-class origination, underwriting and portfolio management talent.
This role is heavy on inanical analysis, excel modelling and due dilligence. Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, you will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strong credit capabilities with 2-4+ years of relevant direct lending, leveraged finance, credit or underwriting and portfolio management experience.
- Understanding of complex financial modeling.
- Strong finance and accounting skills along with an intense attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to allow the candidate to successfully interface with external service providers and other members of the investment team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage work flow while taking ownership for the results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant Experience with MS Excel, Outlook and Power Point; exposure to investment analysis software (, e.g., Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc.) preferred
- Occasional travel is required but role is based in Boston full-time. The role is currently remote, but will return to the office once "normality" resumes.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related annual bonus scheme
- Competitive benefits
- Potential deal or fund carry / compensation based upon performance.