Asia GM - Supply Chain & Quality Management
Lead Asia Supply Chain and Quality Management
Leadership Role with Considerable Autonomy
About Our Client
Our client is a leading US MNC in the consumer appliances/ electronics space with an established history and a range of market leading innovative products. To strengthen their business and to cope with their continuous growth plans, they are looking for a proactive & charismatic leader with sound engineering background to drive change & successes in their Asia Supply Chain operation.
As the Head of the Asia Hub, you'd primarily be responsible for leading the strategic sourcing, quality management and supply functions in Asia.
Working closely with US HQ, you would develop effective Supply Chain Strategy for Asia with aim to deliver strong results from cost & margin improvement, suppliers' relationship & performance, to overall elevating team productivity & achievements.
- Lead and monitor core supply chain performance on product availability, cost, quality and service levels; as well as inventory level
- Drive value initiatives & effective cost savings projects through VA/VE exercises
- Rationalize and diversity (or consolidate) suppliers with aim to maximize performance; while maintaining competitive costing
- Ensure quality, compliance and on-time delivery are enforced
- Lead, develop and coach the team to achieve consistently high productivity and performance with strong team morale
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should be an Engineer with strong Quality & Supply Chain Management experience, preferably with background or knowledge in consumer appliances and electronics, or manufacturing.
- Engineer with strong commercial acumen
- Solid experience & track record success in value improvement with use of Value Analysis/ Value Engineering (VA/VE) exercises
- Strong Project Management experience (PMP Ideal but not a must)
- Highly numerical and advanced analysis skillset preferred
- Strong people leader with a global mindset, strategic yet able to roll up sleeves and be hands-on when needed to drive actions and results
- Proven change agent and transformational leader with track record leading organization and teams through changes and building effective relationship with key stakeholders internally & externally
- Sound knowledge on supply chain operations and experience in supply chain, strategic sourcing and product quality & development with multi-cultural management exposure
- Excellent command of English and Chinese Mandarin language skills is required
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technical Supply Chain & Quality professional with strong commercial acumen seeking a new challenge; who enjoys considerable autonomy to manage a high potential business with a leading US company.