Asset and Liability Management VP
This is a unique opportunity for some one to make the role there own
Brand new opportunity in Ireland
About Our Client
Well known international bank
Overall purpose of the function
Asset and Liability Management (ALM): Transfers banking book interest rate risk into Treasury to minimise the risk and volatility of net interest margins;
* Support the holistic modelling and assessment to quantify interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB) covering all business units including Treasury.
* Drive the implementation of methodologies and strategies for IRRBB in line with Group standards.
* Monitor hedges within Group IRRBB policies, standards and Risk limits.
* Work with local finance and branch management stakeholders to ensure balance sheet plans are developed, local regulatory requirements are met and hedging is effective.
* Ensure that central Head of ALM and Funding and Liquidity Management have an overview of branch balance sheets and financial plans.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Support the ALM team in developing, managing and organizing the team, and ensuring adherence to applicable Policies and Standards.
* Drive the development of the ALM and wider Treasury team through regular and focused learning and development activity.
* Manage stakeholder across capital and funding functions to provide an integrated balance sheet view.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this role will likely have:
Knowledge & Expertise
* Strong understanding of the balance sheet structure and composition of universal banks. Understanding of both banking book and trading book accounting; the main inputs to regulatory capital determination; leverage; funding and liquidity requirements and financial risk management;
* Strong product knowledge of derivatives used for interest rate risk hedging; financing products; collateral management and capital markets funding instruments.
* General understanding of macro-economics and interest rate markets, including appreciation of the effects of market movements and volatility on derivative valuations and reserves accounting
* Awareness of the regulatory landscape as it pertains to financial risk management, the global structural reform agenda, and capital and funding management.
* Proficient technical and systems skills are essential, including efficient management of large and disparate data sets, advance financial modelling and forecasting techniques
* Experience in trading and managing interest rate risk strongly preferred
* A track record of consistent results in a front line risk and P&L management environment strongly preferred.
* Ability to produce clear, concise analysis for Treasury Management
* Relevant experience in Treasury, specifically ALM or related experience;
* Solid strategic analysis, problem solving, issue resolution, facilitation, decision making skills and a proven ability to exercise sound judgement and prudence in management of financial risk.
* Effective relationship management skills across technical and non-technical stakeholders, with ability to tailor explanations to level of expertise of audience.
* Proven ability to convey knowledge, expertise and conduct standards to more junior staff
* Impact and influencing skills. Demonstrable ability to distil complexity, convey multi-faceted concepts clearly for non-experts and to focus on outcomes and commercial results.
* Educated to university degree level.
* Evidence of strong understanding and practical experience of financial markets and products.
What's on Offer
Excellent career prospects and amazing package based on experience