- Save Job
- Email job
- Assistant Director Project Management with a regulator in London
- Project management, policy, programme delivery
About Our Client
I am currently recruting for an Assistant Director Project Managment You will be:
- Leading work with policy and operational colleagues to ensure projects are scoped clearly and resourced appropriately, identifying the people/skills/resources that are needed to deliver to the agreed goals and timelines.
- Leading project sprints and allocation of work to team members, including day to day management and contributions of other team members in a way that makes the most of their specialist skills, knowledge and abilities and that high levels of performance can be delivered by all involved.
- Taking the lead in driving projects forward, devising and maintaining project plans and liaising with colleagues to ensure adherence to the timetable at each stage. Act decisively to communicate the reasons for decisions being made and consult with others to ensure any challenges and risk are appropriately responded. Recommend and use the methodology appropriate for the work, including using digital tools such as Microsoft Excel, Project and Planner as required.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with relevant teams across the the business, including the central Programme Management Office to support effective project delivery.
- Leading specific workstreams and activities, which may include planning and overseeing research and analysis, contributing to the organisation of recruitment outreach activities and supporting stakeholder engagement activities (e.g., preparing briefing materials and maintaining stakeholder logs).
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
* Significant experience in a project management role, successfully delivering projects working with multi-disciplinary teams and delivering results within challenging timeframes with limited resources. Expert practitioner of a range of project management methods, in particular agile methods, and ability to adapt to the needs of individual projects while applying suitable governance and managing risk.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience of advising, influencing and providing challenge to senior leaders and staff to ensure business and communications objectives of the team are met at the required standard.
* Experienced at building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience of contributing through working as part of a team and work managing colleagues.
* Excellent administrative and organisational skills including the ability to successfully prioritise work and project plan to deliver timely quality outcomes.
What's on Offer
12 month fixed term contract
£73,000 - £79,000 PA DOE plus excellent benefits
- Public Sector & Not-For-Profit
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Kas Rothwell
- Job reference