Assistant Group Financial Controller
FTSE 250 Assistant Group Financial Controller
Working for a worldwide leader in aerospace
About Our Client
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
We believe in our vision of "Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". At Meggitt, we truly enable the extraordinary. We're good at what we do and that's why customers come back to us. We are constantly working to improve our processes and performance, striving for excellence.
By working together, we bring extraordinary technology to our customers, building trusted global relationships and successful collaborations through strong teamwork. Our teams are passionate about what we do and how we do it.
We pride ourselves on doing the right thing, in the right way wherever we operate. Our colleagues, customers and the communities we are part of can count on us to act with integrity, honesty and respect.
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
You will report to the Group Financial Controller and play a key role in the leadership and transformation of the group finance function. It is expected that you will lead by example taking a proactive approach to ensuring strong financial understanding, best practice and robust financial controls.
You will promote the company values and leadership behaviours and encourage development of a high performance culture within the group finance function. Whilst this is a leadership role with exposure to Group financial strategy and decision making processes, it also requires a technical specialist who is happy to be hands-on when needed and has a proven track record in building and managing best practice processes, systems and teams.
- Managing external Financial reporting including the annual report and interims
- Ensuring an efficient and transparent external audit process, with no surprises, clean audit opinion and audit recommendations actioned
- Management of the process for producing the Group's consolidated management information including monthly management accounts, quarterly re-forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans
- Oversight of the process for producing management information for Meggitt PLC, the legal entity, and a number of other holding/treasury companies
- Management and development of efficient financial systems
- Ensuring there is both an appropriate financial control framework and effective financial accountability and responsibility across the Group
- Providing leadership and people development for the Financial control function
- Ensuring compliance with management and statutory reporting requirements and deadlines, and all relevant accounting policies
- Providing technical expertise and guidance across a wide range of matters
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant with strong technical background, gained in practice, and at least 5 years PQE
- Strong controls background
- Highly organised and capable of working to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Prior experience of leading teams and influencing change
- Hands-on approach but the ability also to stand back and see the bigger picture
Meggitt are looking to build a team that possess the following characteristics.
- Proud Technical Specialists
- High IQ and EQ
- Understands the timescales and pathway to transformation and change
- Respects and admires the achievements of the past while building the success of the future
- Flexible in their approach to leading/working through ambiguity
- Builds collaborative relationships and drives engagement
- Brings external experience of the art of the possible
- Tech savvy - understands how a variety technologies can be deployed to add value
- Nurtures and promotes talent, diversity and innovation
- Open to being based in Bournemouth through the Knowledge Transfer period until 1st March go live in Ansty
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary and Package