- Save Job
- Email job
- Associate Director Economics (Green Book, Policy, Evaluations) for a consultancy
- micro economics, CBA, evaluation, Green Book
About Our Client
I am currently recruiting an Associate Director Economics (Green Book, Policy, Evaluation) for a global consultancy in London. You will be involved in:
- Economic strategy and policy development;
- Economic appraisal of policy, tax & regulation;
- Impact analysis and reporting of wide-ranging economic, social and environmental impacts;
- Business case development & review;
- Evaluations, including conducting impact, value for money, and process evaluations and development of monitoring & evaluation frameworks;
- Broader cost-benefit analysis (CBA) & cost-effectiveness analysis.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Top academic qualifications in economics, with a focus on microeconomics, at least at MA/MSc level.
- Expertise in economic appraisal and/ or evaluation in line with HM Treasury Green and Magenta Book methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non-economists, and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
- Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics are an advantage
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets, on multiple projects simultaneously, and to produce deliverables of consistently high quality.
- An ability to work as part of a team, managing the input of others (including more senior and more junior colleagues where appropriate).
- Solid experience as an applied microeconomist working in a consulting environment and/ or in a government department or regulator.
- Significant knowledge of using microeconomics to help businesses, government and/ or regulators across a range of sectors.
What's on Offer
£90,000 - £110,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits.
Quote job ref
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Kas Rothwell
- Job reference