- Associate Director Energy Transition Strategy
- Energy Strategy, net zero strategy, energy transition strategy
About Our Client
Global professional services firm.
I am currently recruiting for an Associate Director Energy Transition Strategy with a global professional services firm in London. You will:
You would be joining the energy transition strategy team in a senior capacity. Key responsibilities include;
- The projects that you will advise on will be high profile and varied. These could include advising on net zero strategies, decarbonisation of the energy sector, the future of gas, low carbon technology assessments and much more.
- There is no 'typical project'. You will need to apply a structured strategic approach to problem solving, drawing on established strategic and commercial principles, while having the capacity to think creatively.
- Working closely with the rest of the senior team, you will help lead and further develop the team, increasing our presence in the sector.
- This will include identifying new opportunities, contributing towards winning work, and coaching junior members of staff.
- You will build relationships with key clients across the sector, as well as with other advisors (e.g. technical and boutique).
- You will need to be comfortable managing, coaching, and mentoring junior staff on specific projects.
- You will maintain a good technical understanding of the key sectors, in particular the energy and water sectors including energy production, transport and end use as well as policy, regulation, subsidies and commercial structures
The Successful Applicant
- Have significant experience in the strategy space, ideally with experience of applying this to the energy sector in particular, preferably linked to one of the disruptive energy industries or a consultant specialising in these sectors;
- Have strong knowledge of corporate strategy and investment decision making;
- Understand how emerging net zero technologies can impact businesses and how they can be successfully implemented;
- Have a good understanding of new and emerging value propositions in the utilities sector (such as electric vehicles, hydrogen, solar & storage or demand side response);
- Have experience or understanding of energy policy and economic regulation
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in an external facing role;
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to strategic, financial or economic problems of high complexity;
- Provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner;
- Have experience of managing medium size project teams, with a focus on mentoring and coaching junior staff
What's on Offer
£80,000 - £105,000 PA DOE plus car allowance, bonus and benefits