- Reporting to the CMO, your role is to drive shopper marketing for the entire U.S
- Growing CPG company in essential goods and organic products category
About Our Client
Our client is a growing consumer goods company in the essential and organic products category.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this role is a good fit for a Data-driven and entrepreneurial professional, who will be responsible for the execution of our client's shopper marketing strategy and will identify opportunities to broaden our awareness and trial, while maintaining a healthy profit margin.
- Lead the annual strategy development and execution of shopper marketing plans to activate against the key shopper insights
- Partnering with the Category, Brand, and Sales teams to identify key Insights and activation opportunities
- Champions internal learning/opportunities and operating routines - internal best practices while also challenging the organization to adopt external best practices/capabilities
- Build strategic alliances with non-competing CPG companies to maximize marketing investment and reach new shoppers
- Works closely with the E-commerce team across portfolio to drive demand generation on pure play and omnichannel platforms
- Leads retail marketing planning that conveys a mastery understanding of conversion driving messaging, traffic driving media, solution-based selling, understanding of core shopper behaviors and insight recognition
- Expert in project management developing clear, efficient plans that include cross-functional alignment and agency execution
- Cultivates internal and external relationships to enhance shopper marketing capabilities, serving as a key resource in advancing customer objectives
- Leverages industry relationships, shopper trends and competitive analysis to identify and build strong, effective and business growing solutions People Leadership & Development
- Data oriented with a penchant for setting clear KPIs and driving execution, tracking and optimization of plans throughout the year, to maximize ROI
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must have:
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree in business, technology or related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in developing and executing shopper marketing plans across a variety of US retailers and leading multiple shopper marketing teams in large and small companies.
- Experience building a shopper marketing function from scratch is a plus.
- A deep understanding of the omnichannel nature of retailers and interaction between pure play, omnichannel and brick & mortar is key.
- Proactive and collaborative leader who can lead change in a collaborative manner and enhance the knowledge of the organization in the Shopper Marketing space.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
- Self-starter with high degree of independence.
- Bilingual: Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Strong passion to succeed and always act in the company's best interest. A high energy person with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strategic leader and entrepreneurial mindset who is a self-starter with a strong drive for results and success. One with a competitive attitude with a "will to win" in the market, and one who can make agile decisions with imperfect data.
- Sets personal stretch goals and objectives and develops plans to meet them.
- Ability to preplan, prioritize, and organize multiple sales objectives and initiatives.
- A team player who collaborates and works closely with other functional areas in the organization.
- Develops high performing collaborative teams.
- Able to adapt messaging and influence all levels within the organization.
- Well organized, disciplined with excellent time management skills.
- Boardroom presence with hands-on disposition.
- Adaptability and able to deal with ambiguous situations.
- Transparent, open, and frequent communications style with excellent presentation skills.
- Impeccable integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment.
- Potential for growth as a leader within the organization.
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to excel in a shopper marketing leadership role for a growing company, with national presence in retail and e-commerce.
You will lead 1 direct report and have direct access to the Executive Board and strategic decision making.
You must be open to relocate to Houston, TX.