Associate Director (Venture Capital)
Exciting new role
Strategic investment role in a Venture Capital
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leader in the Consumer goods sector and is looking to further invest and expand their growth in the region through their Corporate Venture Fund.
Reporting to the Managing Partner of the venture fund, this role will be responsible to manage the fund from all aspects required - origination, filtration, due diligence, documentation and monitoring performance of the portfolio companies. Working closely with the Managing Partner and other relevant stakeholders, you will be responsible for origination of deals through multiple channels to help identify new investments, trends and opportunities. You will also build your network with other venture capital companies to look at partnership opportunities. You will also be required to be 'hands-on' in performing the necessary due diligence and analysis of the viability of the potential investments, and eventually being able to close the deal. This role will also then play an active role in overseeing the performance of the investments and provide support/guidance when required.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate profile should have:
- A recognised university degree and/or MBA qualification
- Relevant working experience in a consumer goods company or investment firms (venture capital, private equity, family offices)
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the VC ecosystem in the Asia/South East Asia region
- Experience in directly investing in start-ups and understanding of the process
- Strong commercial, analytical and financial abilities
- Possess a 'hands-on' approach, and is able to demonstrate tenacity and resourcefulness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence and gravitas to influence various stakeholders
What's on Offer
Exciting opportunity to be a pioneer in this corporate venture fund.