- Save Job
- Email job
- Associate Director Water Regulation with a global consultancy
- water regulation
About Our Client
I am currently recruiting for an Associate Director Water Regulation with a global consultancy.
You would be joining the leading provider of strategic economic consultancy services in the water sector. While you will have specific responsibilities for contributing towards the team's water business, there will also be opportunities to work in other sectors, primarily energy networks.
Working closely with sector and subject matter experts you will develop to become the 'go to' person for water sector advice. This will involve developing an in-depth understanding of Ofwat's regulatory framework. It is also highly preferable for you to have hands on experience of at least one of the statutory planning frameworks in the sector (e.g., WRMP, DWMP, WINEP, etc.)
You will build relationships with key clients across the sector, as well as with other advisors (e.g., legal and engineering. The projects that you will advise on will be high profile and caried. For example, in recent years we have advised on the regulatory framework for the Thames Tideway Tunnel, every aspect of water companies' business plans, bulk supply trading negotiations, Competition and Markets Authority re-determinations, major transactions, organisational transformations, and much more. If there is a large strategic project taking place in the sector, the chances are we will be advising on it.
You will contribute towards building the team, identifying opportunities in the market, and providing thought leadership.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, at a regulator, or as a consultant with water sector experience.
- Experience to develop the team and be seen as a leader within the sector.
- Knowledge either of the regulatory frameworks for utility companies, micro-economics, or finance (ideally all three).
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in presenting to clients.
What's on Offer
£80,000 - £105,000 PA DOE plus car allowance and bonus
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Kas Rothwell
- Job reference