Associate General Counsel
$250,000 - $350,000
Exciting opportunity to join a growing legal team
Role will focus on commercial REIT transactional matters
About Our Client
The Associate General Counsel will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Closing on mortgage loan, mezzanine loan and preferred equity originations.
- Closing on acquisitions and sales of commercial real estate, and closing on joint ventures with third party partners in pursuit of the same.
- Work on restructures and workouts of investments.
- General corporate compliance and legal assistance, including but not limited to drafting and review of contracts.
The Successful Applicant
- J.D. with strong academic credentials from an accredited law school
- 3-6 years of experience with commercial real estate lending, transactions and mortgage financing gained at a top NYC law firm.
- Strong experience in representing lenders in originations of mortgage, mezzanine and preferred equity financings and loan acquisitions for commercial lenders
- Strong experience in restructuring and working out defaulted commercial loans and other similar investments.
- Strong experience in representing developers in acquisitions, sales and development of real property (ideally multifamily properties); experience in negotiating joint venture agreements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Great working environment