- Associate Portfolio Manager will have experience working multifamily funds
- Well versed in multifamily modeling and investment reviews
About Our Client
The Associate Portfolio Manager will be part of the global Investment Management business with over $20 billion AUM. The Associate Portfolio Manager will be the primary day-to-day support to the Portfolio Manager overseeing the multifamily investment strategies in North America and working closely with investors, various internal development, property management and construction teams, as well as business functions throughout the US, to execute the investment strategies.
The Associate Portfolio Manager will support the Portfolio Manager with:
- managing the execution of the existing strategy and business plans across the portfolio
- formulating and implementing new investment strategies
- capital raising and capital management across existing and new strategies
- execution of the firms ESG requirements and sustainability targets
- review and assess new investment opportunities, support due diligence, the negotiation of transaction documents and structures
- coordinate multidisciplinary teams of internal and external stakeholders to execute the targets across the platform
- take a leading role in the financial modelling of the portfolio and new strategies
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities for Associate Portfolio Manager
- Recommend, articulate and implement fund strategies annually in consultation with Investors.
- Review new investment opportunities to assess compatibility with Investment Criteria and make recommendations to the Investors to support the growth of the platform.
- Work alongside regional development and property management teams to oversee successful implementation of the approved business plans and report actively to the Investors on any noted issues.
- Manage and lead complex financial modelling of investment and risk scenarios to monitor the performance of existing investment strategies, ensuring the continued compliance with investor and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the preparation and coordination of all necessary Investor reporting, and act as the primary liaison with the Investors. This includes all monthly, quarterly, and annual Investor reporting and the creation of project by project and overall Partnership annual plans.
- Coordinate the activities of a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders (local development teams, third party property managers, functional teams) to ensure the achievement of Partnership objectives.
- Monitor, evaluate and drive the performance of the various property managers. Recommend to the Investors retention or replacement as determined by performance.
- Create, amend and test financial models and forecasts. Quickly understand key inputs, outputs, sensitivities, and risks to the Investors.
- Participate in future capital raising activities within the Partnership.
- Ensure Partnership is administered according to its governing documents (coordinate requisite meetings, record minutes, administer capital calls and distributions, obtain approvals for decisions as applicable, and other related actions).
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of current industry trends and market terms.
The Successful Applicant
Minimum Requirements The Associate Portfolio Manager:
- Bachelors or higher degree in relevant major. MBA, J.D. or other relevant Master's Degree a plus but not required if other experiential factors are present.
- Five or more years of multifamily investment and asset management experience. Preference for candidates that have worked for large real estate investment managers, investors, investment banking or private equity firms.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in preparing report output in Microsoft-based software tools.
- Ability to prioritize and lead certain projects and deliverable and incorporate a logical and systematic approach to all required analyses.
- Understanding of, and ability to create and control PowerPoint presentations and complex Excel-based financial models.
- Strong understanding of Real Estate
What's on Offer
Base + Bonus + Benefits