Automotive Aftermarket Marketing Director
Business Unit Marketing Head, being a successor to the General Manager
Consumer Goods Marketing selling via retailers and specialized channels
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company in rapid growth in the U.S.
Reporting to the Vice President of the Business unit, your main responsibilities will be:
· Direct development and implementation of product strategies and roadmaps so the organization can capitalize on market opportunities within the Division. This includes, but is not limited to, developing end user-oriented product strategies and the voice with Engineering and Manufacturing to help drive technology and implement plans. Be the voice within the organization to make sure these plans are understood throughout the organization. Work with teams to ensure new product development programs are delivered on-time and on-budget. Deliver financial commitments for new products by ensuring development and execution of robust commercialization plans. Collaborates with other businesses within the Automotive Aftermarket Platform to ensure coordination of brand value and product life cycle management across the business.
· Lead and promote a user-centric culture for the Marketing team in order to generate actionable information regarding segment needs and wants. Uses this information to drive markets segmentation and the development of product and demand generation strategies. Well-versed in deploying the full range of marketing research tools & techniques to develop a deep understanding of end users and models this orientation for the team. Lead market scanning aimed at uncovering market trends and assessing competitive strategies and activities. Ensure that we utilize Customer Back Innovation to drive key customer insights and learnings.
· Understands the business and market and uses this knowledge to create strategic advantage in decision making. Lead development of Annual and Long-Range Plans. Considers the long-term implication of segment strategies and is able to leverage this knowledge to ensure that all of the functions of the business which relate to the segment are coordinated. Leads and influences others and is able to move the Marketing team toward clearly identified marketing goals so that they are able to achieve objectives which support the objectives of the business. Consistently achieves marketing objectives of increasing market share and defining leadership position in the segment. Drives team behaviors by demonstrating these skills in an open manner. Grows marketing management skills and aptitude of direct reports consistent with the Leadership Model.
· Identify, lead and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This may include selecting and on-boarding talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment; and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
· Partners with the VP & GM on strategic direction. P&L experience, ensuring profitable growth. Works with Sales Managers - support - market information, pricing models, collateral.
The Successful Applicant
· Bachelor's degree required in business, marketing, or comparable discipline; MBA strongly preferred.
· 10+ years of progressive marketing experience including 3-5 years of product development and product management experience.
· P&L experience within ~$100m business
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office required; JD Edwards experience preferred.
· Must be able to work under time pressure and with multiple projects simultaneously.
· Good interpersonal skills due to degree of interaction with Sales Force, Marketing and Customers.
· Experience obtaining & translating end user requirements into successful products and/or services required.
· At least 5 years of experience motivating, coaching, and developing a marketing team. You will lead a team of 9 people.
· 25% travel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for a business oriented Marketing Leader, with clear intentions and trackrecord to migrate to a General Management position. Experience working closely with finance, sales and operations is a must.
This role would have a very close interaction with the business plan and P&L management of a business unit under 200M dollars, having a career plan to evolve to corporate and international functions.
The client's office is located in Southwest Cleveland area. This is a remote position for now, but the ideal candidate must relocate to Cleveland.
The recruitment process and start of employment will develop remotely according to COVID and Health guidelines.