- My client is a leading Investment bank recruiting AVP financial reporting
- Exciting opportunity for a CPA or part qualified CPA to join an Investment Bank
About Our Client
Leading Investment Bank with offices based in midtown Manhattan
As an AVP of Financial Reporting you will support the management of the unit to manage financial accounting operations for the two main entities. You will support leaders to ensure compliance with accounting standards and internal accounting policies for financial
accounting of these entities. You will assist a manager and leaders on any GAAP compliance matters and provide back-up when the manager or the leaders is out of office.
- Perform preparation or preliminary review of daily/monthly monitoring and reconciliation, month-end book closing, and various financial statements and reports and oversee junior staff's tasks to ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Coordinate with external auditors, other departments and Head Office for timely completion of financial audits.
- Provide adequate guidance and training to the junior accounting staff regarding the operation as well as accounting standards and internal policies and procedures.
- Enhance procedures and processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of financial accounting operations.
- Perform monitoring, reconciliations and book closing and prepare various financial statements and reports.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from Head Office and auditors and establish necessary operations to comply with the requirements.
- Perform researches on accounting standards and accounting treatment of existing/new products and transactions.
- Participate in system enhancement projects and business projects from financial accounting perspective.
- Provide support to other staff of the Unit, if necessary.
- Perform daily closing process of general ledger system, if assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- MS-Excel (Advanced), MS-Word (Advanced), MS-Access (Intermediate) and MS-PowerPoint (Intermediate)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in financial accounting or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Experience in accounting system implementation is preferable.
- Professional certification (e.g., USCPA) is preferred
What's on Offer
Attractive base and bonus
Career progression and exposure to senior leadership team across the bank
Ongoing projects and transformation initiatives to get involved in
Work life balance and a hybrid working model