- Save Job
- Email job
- My client is hiring into their QA Regulatory Reporting team
- Opportunity to combine financial accounting knowledge with regulatory reporting
About Our Client
My client is a leading financial services institution with offices based in midtown. They operate a flexible hybrid working model.
This position is primarily responsible for testing and validating multiple regulatory reports to ensure that reports are prepared in accordance with regulatory reporting instructions, guidance, regulators' expectations and industry best practices and communicating issues and enhancement opportunities to senior management. In addition, this position supports management with regulatory exams as well as interim status updates with the regulators. This includes ensuring preparedness, reviewing materials provided to the regulators, and coordinating across multiple departments to prepare presentation materials.
This position requires expertise in both financial and regulatory reporting pertaining to financial institutions, and experience in managing projects.
- Assist management in planning, designing, and execution of the bank's quality assurance program in accordance with the firm's risk assessment framework for the regulatory reporting of the bank's U.S. entities including banking entities, broker-dealer, swap-house, leasing and other subsidiaries.
- Review and monitor the preparation and filling of regulatory reports in accordance with Quality Assurance Unit procedures;
- Operate independently of the day-to-day regulatory report preparation process and maintain validation and testing processes for the completeness and accuracy of regulatory reports, in accordance with regulatory reporting instructions, guidance, expectations, and industry best practices;
- Monitor, escalate and report issues to management or other relevant stakeholders on a periodic basis;
- Interact with various business areas for potential enhancements to the regulatory reporting process;
- Assist in designing, delivering and maintaining a regulatory reporting training program within the organization and gain buy-in from relevant stakeholders;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial and regulatory reporting requirements and offer recommendations to enhance controls and processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of the bank's regulatory filings;
- Solve other relevant issues that may arise on an ad-hoc basis and participate in other departmental projects as assigned by management
The Successful Applicant
- CPA or CFA certification preferred;
- 5 or more years of relevant experience at a large and complex financial institution in performing financial and/or regulatory reporting, regulatory reporting quality assurance, or internal audit.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory reporting and regulatory reporting operations;
- Knowledge of a wide range of financial and banking products;
- Knowledge of financial accounting including relevant US GAAP for the financial services industry;
- Experience in project management, including running meetings, tracking issue resolution progress and driving issues to closure;
- Experience in planning and performing financial audit is preferred;
- Excellent analytical and verbal/written communication skills;
- Proficiency in performing financial review and analysis using MS Excel and operational knowledge in Power BI and Alteryx;
What's on Offer
Attractive base and bonus
Hybrid working schedule
Good work life balance
- CFO & Financial Management
- CFO & Financial Management Subsector
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Charlotte Rooney
- Job reference