- Establish and run a division wide programme including hands on delivery
- experience delivering projects within capital markets or corporate banking
About Our Client
A major global bank based in London.
Banking Senior Project Manager will join the centralized business function operating at a strategic level to provide enterprise wide oversight and delivery of projects, this ensures strategic alignment between business objectives and projects executed. This includes:Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Lead cross-functional EMEA-wide programme and/or project teams, managing all project lifecycle activities associated with change that is regulatory or business driven, frequently long-term, business-wide and high in risk, scope and complexity.
- Accountable for managing the project lifecycle and budget in line with the Project Management Methodology, consistently demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end and ensuring that all deliverables are aligned with the banks objectives and commensurate with our business profile.
- Influence, motivate and manage diverse project teams across the EMEA organization, including representatives from a wide variety of departments across a range of corporate grades to ensure timely delivery of required results with least possible impact on the bank's business and customers.
- Plan and drive completion of all project deliverables including the business case, regulatory requirements, project roadmap, budget, testing, deliverables implementation and handover into business as usual
- Identify and then judge when to escalate risks and issues and their associated mitigation plans to the C-level Project Sponsor and appropriate committees (SteerCo/ExCo) in order to prevent impact or additional risk.
- Achieve appropriate governance and transparency for the project, liaising with multiple members of senior management and external parties so that the appropriate oversight is achieved.
- Ensure that all deliverables achieve compliance for the organisation, are firmly within current market practise and can withstand formal regulatory scrutiny.
- Recognize and rapidly adapt to ongoing change during the project. Document internal and external impacts including impact on existing policies and associated procedures, formulate and present suitable mitigation plans and ensure all updates are completed to impacted areas.
- Provides the appropriate Programme, Change and Project Management technical expertise
- Hands on Project Management of specific projects
- Responsible for bringing the organisation into compliance by driving and delivering the required business and regulatory change objectives and goals across the bank to the required standards, within the specified timeframe and to the agreed budget with minimal impact on the business.
- Ensures that any change project has appropriate governance, transparency and oversight. Must make sure that the rationale, progress, controls and decision-making are robustly documented and evidenced to withstand review by external Regulatory Authorities.
- Interfaces with C-level project sponsors and manages SteerCo/s compromised of multiple GMs. Must meet and brief C-level Sponsor on a regular basis and educate on the complexities of the change, the regulation and help influence decision making.
The Successful Applicant
Banking Senior Project Manager requirementsEducation & Qualifications
- The role requires the candidate to be educated to degree level
- Industry recognised modern project management qualification such as PMP or APM preferred
- Change Management and Programme Management qualifications desirable (such as APMG, MSP or Prince 2)
Experience & Knowledge
- good knowledge and experience of financial services, markets and banking activities and the surrounding regulatory framework;
- prior experience of successfully delivering complex multi-dimensional business and regulatory change projects within financial services
- sound understanding of corporate objectives and ability to align change with the business strategy as far as possible
- ability to lead rather than manage, to set the vision for the project, gain team and organisational buy-in, anticipate and resolve conflict, motivate, negotiate and coach so that project objectives are met;
- strong, effective communication and interpersonal skills including diplomacy in offering challenge
- proven understanding of effective team building and team management skills.
- practical and willing to get involved in tasks, when necessary, to ensure objectives are achieved
- ability to work to multiple deadlines and under pressure
What's on Offer
£100-120K basic + benefits