- Lifestyle law firm with outstanding reputation
- Cravath Compensation (Base + Bonus)
About Our Client
My client's Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy practice has been involved in some of the largest and most complex in-court and out-of-court restructurings, domestically and internationally, and some of the highest profile bankruptcy and insolvency-related litigations.
The Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy practice has represented virtually all key stakeholders in transactional, litigation, and corporate governance matters related to restructurings, and has demonstrated expertise involving the following:
- Directors and Special Committees
- Debtor-in-Possession Lenders
- Secured Lenders and Lender Groups
- Unsecured Creditors' Committees
- Corporate Trustees and Agents
- Distressed Asset Sales
- Company-Side Representations
- Post-Confirmation Trusts and Trustees
- Investors and Individual Creditors
- Maritime and Offshore Restructuring
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Applicants would preferably have experience representing unsecured creditors' committees and independent directors/special committees, but experience representing debtors, lenders, bondholders, distressed asset purchasers, distressed investors and other parties involved in corporate bankruptcies is relevant (and could be sufficient).
- The practice group is focused on providing clients with commercial solutions to restructuring issues and is extremely cost-effective. The group draws, as necessary, on the expertise of other practice groups to address the multidisciplinary problems that often arise in distressed situations. Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy practice attorneys frequently work with members of the Firm's corporate trust, corporate finance, litigation, investment management, M&A, capital markets, tax, real estate and maritime practice areas to provide clients with practical advice and outstanding client service.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience, up to and including counsel.
- Looking for motivated candidates that can come in and handle discrete matters within larger cases and smaller cases independently with limited oversight, as well as someone with a desire to develop business.
What's on Offer
The position comes with the possibility for advancement in the near term under appropriate circumstances.