Bookkeeper - Construction Firm - Fairfax, VA
Based in Fairfax, VA
Residential and Commercial Construction Firm
About Our Client
My client is a construction firm which has completed projects in Arlington, VA, Bethesda, MD and Washington DC. They have over 20 years of construction and multi-family real estate experience. They are the go-to company for both multifamily renovations as well as commercial fit-out work. Their headquarters is Fairfax, VA.
My client is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines. Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Balancing and maintain accurate ledgers
- Matching purchase orders with invoices
- Coordinating bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Monitoring office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
- Paying vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Overall managing and maintenance of Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Developing monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Preparing quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes.
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- Experience in working in accounts receivable and payable, general ledger and payroll
- Experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- Experience in the construction industry would be a preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Full benefits package
- Will match your current PTO level, or beat it.