Business Development and Alliance Management - Oncology Biotech
Global biotheraputics company
Integrated antibody-based biotherapeutics discovery, R&D and manufacturing
About Our Client
Our client is China head-quarted and globally focused bio-pharmaceutical company with own fully integrated capacity for R&D, Clinical Research and manufacturing. Currently in stage B+ of financing they are expanding global clinical programs by building a team of high level professionals for core business functions.
- Manage a portfolio of alliances, closely cooperation with cross-functional stakeholders and internal colleagues to manage responsibilities, mitigate risks, and ensure alliance objectives are achieved
- Work closely with the business to identify area for Business Development opportunities for both in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities
- Drive joint meetings and communicate outcomes and insights for current and future assets
- Engage in drafting term sheets and amendments
- Work with internal functional team members (such as R&D, Pre-Clinical, Medical, Finance and Legal) to update colleagues on key aspects of each partnership and develop a partner mindset
- Guide internal project teams and leadership with respect to opportunities and constraints arising from each collaboration
- Track compliance with financial and non-financial obligations, such as milestones and royalties, publications, IP, and diligence efforts jointly with internal teams
- Proactively identify issues and mitigate risks arising from contractual complications or partner differences
- Resolve issues regarding communication, conflict, or role clarification, including leading impasse resolution between companies when necessary
- Assess business requirements and implement improvements to systems to meet changing business needs
The Successful Applicant
- Advanced degree in the Life Science required with preference to PhD Level
- Extensive track record in China bio-tech field as Alliance Management, Partnering, and/or Business Development function, involving direct interactions with external partners in the biopharma/pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive knowledge of research and drug development process, particularly in early stage assets
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in English and Mandarin
What's on Offer
You will be offered an opportunity to join one of the successful fully-integrated Chinese bio-tech companies valued for it's pipeline and outstanding talents.
As a Head for Alliance Management and Business Development function you will report to Co-Founder and lead a team of junior executives.
Candidate package will include base pay, 20-30% bonus, ESOP and additional no cash benefits provided according to the company policy.