Business Development Director (In-Licensing) - Ocular Biopharma
Pan-ocular biopharmaceutical company
Clinical and commercial stage innovative assets
About Our Client
Our client is Round C bio-pharmaceutical company established by a group of ocular disease veterans with global exposure. Currently they have successfully acquired regional right for several late stage assets for macular degeneration, uveitis, retinopathy etc. and looking to expand into gene therapy for ocular disease treatment.
Launched in early 2019 the company has 30 full-time employees with plan to double headcount in 2021 and reach 10 asset pipeline by the end of next year. They are aiming to achieve commercial launch for their first product in 2022 while simultaneously expanding the asset pipeline through in licensing and own R&D.
- Play crucial role in company business development (in and out) strategy and prioritise portfolio assets based on scientific and business rationale
- Playing key role in set up of company business development planning by assisting company leadership to analyse market environment and current opportunities
- Formulate and execute short-term and long-term BD Strategy
- Work closely with R&D, Medical, Clinical department to provide assets evaluation
- Closely interact with internal and external stakeholders and translate the company Business Development goals into understandable concepts for investors, board of directors, KOLs, clinical and research partners
The Successful Applicant
- Advanced degree with preference in Medical, Biology or Business field
- Proven track record at sourcing, structuring, negotiating and closing different types of partnerships and deals with focus on Clinical and Commercial stage assets
- Strong project management skills, ability to ensure effective/efficient decision making and issue resolution competencies
- Ability to synthesize and present to senior executives, including Board, a complex set of facts (i.e. scientific, clinical, financial, and market information) to facilitate the decision-making process
- Understanding of full drug development process
- Financial modelling and commercial forecast experience
- Strong interest in Ocular Disease, Ophthalmology, Gene Therapy, Drug Discovery etc.
- Good presentation skills and quick learner to adapt to the fast growing biotech industry
- Fluent Mandarin and English skills
What's on Offer
Successful candidate will report directly to Chief Business Officer with further role expansion to Head of Business Development function. You will be part of Senior Leadership team and contribute to long term company development.
The package will include base pay, bonus scheme, stock option plan and additional allowances.