Business Development Lead - Gene and Cell Therapy Start-Up
Gene and Cell therapy start up
In licensing business development
About Our Client
Our client is US fund backed company with 100 mln USD investment confirmed. They are building R&D 40 thousand sq m lab in Shanghai supported by manufacturing site in Hangzhou. Their key focus will be on gene and cell therapy products development and commercialisation.
- Creating new opportunities for growing the business, organically and inorganically through in - licensing
- Driving in-licensing opportunities - identifying new product opportunities with new or existing clients through understanding of the market, leveraging personal network, interaction with R&D and regulatory departments
- Taking ownership of existing portfolio of new businesses, making recommendations on which ones have the upside, developing the supporting business plans, and executing to get them to market
- Building comprehensive business case for selected technologies/ product opportunities including an overview of all development/ launch activities
- Assisting R&D product team in identifying / evaluating new drug / biological targets from a marketing perspective (NPV analysis etc)
The Successful Applicant
- Strong education background preferably with PhD level degree in Bio medical or similar field of study
- Solid background in the pharmaceutical industry, out of which at least 3-4 years should be have a Strong exposure in in-licensing and business development.
- Be up to date with industry and competitor activities and will have a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements in China
- Strong collaboration and networking with industry KOLs and business thought leaders is essential.
- Astute business acumen, including strategic financial planning and Ability to guide team's efforts and energies in suitable projects and initiatives will be desired.
- Fluent level of English preferred
What's on Offer
- Excellent opportunity to lead the business development and in licensing function
- Opportunity to work with and influence senior stakeholders is an integral part of the role. Market leading compensation and performance driven bonus is on offer for the right candidate.