- Global Automotive Supplier focused on Growth and R&D
- Remote home based role
About Our Client
Our client for the Business Development Manager - Automotive is a Tier 1 supplier of injection and compression molded advanced materials used for various automotive applications providing lightweight solutions. This company is a global supplier with facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia investing in growth and R&D.
The Business Development Manager - Automotive will be developing and maintaining customer relationships with automotive OEMs to security new business and maximize current customer relationships. The Business Development Manager will focus on securing business for lightweight composite materials used in roofs, doors, liftgates, underbody shield, engine shield, wheel liners, front modules, and more. This person can work from a home office remotely anywhere in the Greater Detroit area.
- Develop new business opportunities with current accounts and new accounts within the automotive OEM segment
- Build strong customer relationships and strategic partnerships to assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products
- Achieve and exceed Budget Sales and Gross Margin
- Ensure all reports, plans, forecasts and administrative requirements are completed accurately and in a timely manner both personally and for the team. Meet all reporting deadlines as are set by senior management
- Identify target segments where market share is low and produce a plan to target and grow sales in each of these segments.
- Develop and deploy the Key Account strategy, supported by individual Key Account plans
- Identify new and profitable opportunities with existing customers and leverage these to increase profitable sales with them
- Work with internal and customer engineering and R&D teams to identify new product opportunities
- Efficiently plan customer facing time and call cycles to maximize time management and diligently complete call reports etc. on CRM
- Provide regular and relevant feedback on Market conditions, competitor activities and progress towards business objectives.
- Analyze the current market position, i.e. the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Working with the Marketing team develop marketing material, strategies and justify new project opportunities to support the sales effort
- Ensure continuous improvement in a change oriented culture.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or related - Mechanical, Plastics, or Materials Science preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive OEM and/or Tier 1 sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments
- Bearings experience is a plus, but must have experience selling automotive components
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working in a global organization preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus 20-30%, remote work from home, phone, computer, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays.