Call Center Operations Director - Travel Industry
Based in Boston
Role combines Call Center Management and Business Strategy
About Our Client
The employer is a global travel business with its headquarters and main operations in Boston, MA and wider operations scattered across the globe. They have been in existence for over 40 years and offer a high end luxurious approach to travel.
As a pivotal member of the senior management team, this tole helps to direct the overall strategy for the bookings, customer service and aftercare, reservation and continuous improvement teams. The role reports into two of the General Managers of the business. In addition, they will also work with the bookings team and tactical operations teams, working with various internal and external stakeholders across the globe. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage a world class, "high-touch" customer service team
- Develop and execute a customer service strategy for a global travel business
- Manage the operations team both in Boston, and around North America.
- Set, monitor, review and evaluate metrics, to ensure efficient and "best in class" customer service practices
- Ensure that clear, published, measured processes and procedures are in place and adhered to
- Strive to recruit, coach, mentor, train and develop a "best in class" customer service call center
- Effectively manage feedback, issues and any escalations
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to maintain and devise the future director of the customer service team (IT, HR, Finance, Legal etc.).
This opportunity is Retained and Exclusive to Michael Page Boston. You will not find it elsewhere. Submit your resume today and it will be considered promptly. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted promptly for further discussion.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- 5+ years experience in a call center environment
- 5+ years experience in reservations and bookings
- Strong experience of managing people/ teams in a customer service environment
- Travel industry experience - preferred but not essential
- Strong teamwork and management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
- $130,000 to $ 150,000 salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive benefits package
- Company 401K contribution