Capital and Leverage Management VP- Dublin
Amazing opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding bank
About Our Client
Our client is seeking to increase their book dramatically over the next 12-18 months making this a very exciting time to join this Bank
Overall purpose of the function
Capital and Leverage Management (CALM) monitors and manages capital risks, and manages capital ratios. It optimises the use of capital resources, risk weighted assets and leverage exposure to create sustainable value for the entity.
* Planning, preparation and supporting the production of the capital plan, and ensure RWA and leverage balance sheet planning and forecasts are robust and matched by capital supply and issuance.
* Monitor and execute the capital plan within Group policies, standards, risk limits, Treasury targets and agreed tramlines, escalating any deviations. Support management engagement with the issuance of lower tier capital instruments.
* Work with key stakeholders to drive internal challenge to the Businesses on the efficient consumption of capital, including that directly consumed by Treasury activity.
* Work as part of a team to build and communicate targets for Risk Weighted Assets (RWAs) and leverage balance sheet for the businesses, consistent with ranges set by Group and BI.
* Partner Risk on stress testing and the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Plan process.
* Drive stakeholder engagement across the financial planning processes (STP, MTP and RAF), aligning financial targets with business strategy and commercial goals and develop options / recommendations to help the business achieve its overall targets.
* Apply and support the application of Group and Treasury capital policies and standards.
* Support the development of and planning for the regulatory change pipeline.
* Monitor risks and opportunities to the capital plan and work with senior Treasury Management team to manage them proactively.
* Engage with businesses to consolidate and review stress tests, partnering with the businesses and risk to propose support contingency and stress management actions.
* Assist with the coordination and development of capital ratio targets for CET1, lower tiers, leverage and MREL/ TLAC
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Support the Capital and Leverage Management leadership in developing, managing and organizing the team, and ensuring adherence to applicable Policies and Standards.
* Drive the development of the CALM and wider Treasury team through regular and focused learning and development activity.
* Provide accurate, transparent and timely reporting on CALM's performance against the capital plan, including Risk Profile (current and outlook) compared to Risk Appetite, under normal and stressed scenarios.
* Work across Treasury to support the relationship with regulators on all items related to capital.
The Successful Applicant
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* Strong understanding of the balance sheet structure and risk drivers by business
* Strong knowledge of the capital regulatory metric calculation methodologies and impact of business products (Basel/ CRR/ CRD).
* Experience working with governance frameworks to manage capital and leverage management and a track record of executing to high risk and control standards strongly preferred
* Strong awareness of the regulatory landscape as it pertains to financial risk management, the global structural reform agenda, and capital and funding management.
* Proficient systems skills essential, including efficient management of large and disparate data sets, advance financial modelling and forecasting techniques
* Solid relevant experience in Treasury Capital and Leverage Management or related experience;
* Solid strategic analysis, problem solving, issue resolution, facilitation and decision making skills.
* Evidence of strong understanding and practical experience of financial markets and products.
What's on Offer
Excellent remuneration and career prospects